Stock Speaker Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

nb2012

Hello all,

Ive been out of the game for a very long time and have a quick question on if i should upgrade my speakers or leave the car stock.

I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla with a stock system. I was at the audio shop earlier today and the guy there offered to replace my front and rear speakers for $200+tax with a set of speakers that would be "worlds better than my stock system".

I had a few questions for an unbiased third party if you dont mind:

1) Is $200 a good deal? I used to work on cars and could probably do it myself if i needed to, but dont mind paying a premium for the convienience of having someone experienced do it.

2) Will speakers alone make a good enough improvement without getting a head unit and an amp?

I'm not too terribly disappointed with the sound now, but I dont mind spending $200 more if it would make that much of a difference.

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.