DVC unbridged

vettelovr1124
10+ year member

Livin' Life
could i wire my amp to where is will run single DVC sub in 2-channel mode? if so, what is all the stuff i would need extra (like a y-adapter) and how would i hook the extra stuff to the amp. the amp is a lanzar vibe245 and the sub is an alpine 15" (also, which voice coils should i use to get it at a total of 2-ohm). a diagram might help more than words also, but words will be fine.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All you would do is not bridge it and hook each channel up to a seperate voice coil. nothing special, however you will generally get more power bridged.

If I'm not mistaken the only dvc subs alpine has are dual 4's. If that's the case you should just wire the coils in series and bridge the amp for an 8 ohm bridged configuration. You won't be getting optimal power from your amp, but you won't have to deal with the possibility of the 2 channels fighting against each other (like you woule running 1 channel per coil).

I THINK the 245 should give you ~300 rms if you do it like this.

In that case just wire the coils in series and run the amp bridged. It will net you exactly the same power as running one channel per coil at 2 ohms stereo and save you the problems of the 2 channels working against one another.

sorry if it might b too late but an easy way to fix cancellation is wiring one coil in phase and one out of phase. so basically one vc you would wire the + to the - on the amp and vise versa for the other terminal. then on the other vc...you would do the norm by wiring + to + on the amp and - to - on the amp. i had 2 rockfords 4ohms in a bandpass and they sounded like **** so i discovered how to wire them correctly. and basically then one sub/coil sinks while the other sub/coil hits and it continues in a see-saw kinda motion. sounds clear and loud. hope it helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.