Dvc Help!!! Yes, Answer... Please... Click On Me!

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

I just got my Alpine SWR-1240D in the mail and am confused about how to wire it.

I have a Punch 360.2 amplifier. It is capable of 360Wrms @ 4ohms mono. Rockford does not recommend bridging the channels and connecting them to a 2ohm load.

The tech did recommend that I could attach each channel to each voice coil and that it would work... but this doesn't seem like it will.

Zane, if you're out there (and I know you are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) please help me out. Anyone, please help.

-BT

Why did you buy an amp that runs at 4ohm mono when you have a 4ohm DVC sub? Honestly your best bet would have been to buy a mono channel amplifier, possibly a class D, which would have had more power and even been cheaper. They are also perfect for 2ohm loads.

I "bought" a 4ohm SVC sub. I "received" a DVC. I cannot return it, I bought it off of ebay. I can ship it back for a full refund, but I would rather keep it and make due.... if at all possible.

I intentionally bought the 4ohm sub and later that night went out and got a good deal on the amp too. The guy seems to think that the DVC is much more valuable than an SVC and that I should be thrilled to have received it instead of a SVC... but that doesn't really help me out any.

I know I would have been better off with a class D amp for this situation... but I wasn't planning for this either. I don't have enough money (or time) to invest in yet another amp. Hell, I'm still trying to scrounge for a box while my HU is getting fixed.

If you bought the amp that night take it back. See about buying an amp to fit the sub. If not, I dont know what to tell you either way the sub will not be getting the full power out of that amp. What kinda sub is it?

just connect the positive to the negative on one vc, and negative to negative of amp and positive to postive of amp. i believe that would give u an 8 ohm load. it may not be 4, but its better than 2 for ur situation. either that or buy another sub.

That is a good sub, so here's my lowdown. That amp says not to wire a 2 ohm load, but it can take it. My MTX amp said not below 4 ohm, but it will be fine. Also, you can't wire each voice coil to each channel, because what if the music is different in each channel? Subs can't move in 2 different directions at once. Just wire them in parallel and bridge the amp. It will hit hard for a long time, unless you play it at full blast for 6 hours at a time, then buy some new stuff. Have fun!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

its me...

the amp would be hard to take back... as it is installed in my car and I bought it on clearance.

if i manage to connect the amp so that both the left and right speaker outs are putting out the same signal... do you think that i could hook the individual coils up to each speaker out then? I can't afford another sub. I can't afford another amp. The guy sent me the wrong thing and i would have to pay shipping (which I can't afford at the moment.. yes i'm that poor) to get it back. I would like to work with what i have.

However, I do have a four year service/warranty plan on the amp so i guess even if it does blow, I can still get a new one.

I had the guys at best buy install it for free and they said that when my sub came in, they would hook it up. so i guess if they do all the work, and something goes wrong... they should help me out. I don't know we'll see.

keep it coming....

-BT

here is an idea i just had...

has anyone come out with some sort of dummy 4 ohm load..

i.e. not a real speaker or voice coil... just some sort of resistor that can handle the high voltage and wattage and create an impedence of 4 to 8 ohms??

that would solve my problem!

-BT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.