Dust cap problem?

Vossy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Cloud MN
Alright, just bought a supposedly new PSi reconed cascade omega 15. I got it and the first thing I noticed there was a hiss coming out of the speaker. I noticed around the dustcap there was air coming out. So I sealed it with gorilla super glue (non expanding). After work today, I got home and I looked. There is now a crack down the center of it, and it looks like ****/doesn't seem like it'll even last. What can I do?

PICS:

Alright, just bought a supposedly new PSi reconed cascade omega 15. I got it and the first thing I noticed there was a hiss coming out of the speaker. I noticed around the dustcap there was air coming out. So I sealed it with gorilla super glue (non expanding). After work today, I got home and I looked. There is now a crack down the center of it, and it looks like ****/doesn't seem like it'll even last. What can I do?
PICS:

Wow you failed hard.

I know I know, Dustcaps a POS and I **** ass at fixing ****.

EDIT: and around the center it came like that, just the center is me.

Ya, Can I get a new one or wtf do I do. I got it yesterday, hooked it up and now this ****. Give me some help and not phr33 poasts.

Alright man I'll tell you what to do. Get a sharp knife and pry up one area of the dustcap. Then hold it up and slide a flat blade screwdriver under it and gently go all the way around the cap making sure not to tear the cone. Once the cap is off, get some acetone and cue tips. Dip a cue tip in the acetone and begin wiping off the excess ca glue. Now, order another dustcap. This time get the rubberized compound from fixmyspeaker.com. It's not ca glue or really a glue at all. Then center your dustcap where you want it to go. Trace around it with a pencil. Then apply this rubberized compound to your outer edge of your new dustcap. Place it inside the circle you made on your cone. Allow it time to cure a little. Then if you still want to, you can use this compound around the outside edge of the dustcap. To do this you have to apply constant pressure on the bottle and rotate your hand around the dustcap at the same speed. Doing this and ONLY this will render a smooth bead around the dustcap.

if u need another dustcap robot underground can send you one in less than 4 days after u order it(thats how long it took him to get me my magnet boot)

I thought I had seen an add up here for some nice cf dust caps and if I remember right they looked to be large enough to cover the old glue bead and make it look like a new sub again.

Alright man I'll tell you what to do. Get a sharp knife and pry up one area of the dustcap. Then hold it up and slide a flat blade screwdriver under it and gently go all the way around the cap making sure not to tear the cone. Once the cap is off, get some acetone and cue tips. Dip a cue tip in the acetone and begin wiping off the excess ca glue. Now, order another dustcap. This time get the rubberized compound from fixmyspeaker.com. It's not ca glue or really a glue at all. Then center your dustcap where you want it to go. Trace around it with a pencil. Then apply this rubberized compound to your outer edge of your new dustcap. Place it inside the circle you made on your cone. Allow it time to cure a little. Then if you still want to, you can use this compound around the outside edge of the dustcap. To do this you have to apply constant pressure on the bottle and rotate your hand around the dustcap at the same speed. Doing this and ONLY this will render a smooth bead around the dustcap.
This! I might add, you will want to put some weight on the cap so it squishes the glue evenly. I use an old Visonik sub magnet. A full can of spray paint will work well too.

Thank you very much eCrack, Can I just order a new one from PSi (I like the F*ck it sticker) since they reconed it they should know what to send me, right?

This! I might add, you will want to put some weight on the cap so it squishes the glue evenly. I use an old Visonik sub magnet. A full can of spray paint will work well too.
and people say visonik is worthless........not so, **** fine paper weight!

and people say visonik is worthless........not so, **** fine paper weight!
I still have 2 brand new 106S4's. They sound excellent! I can get them to do around a 145 on the TL in the trunk of my Grand Am, t-line box, off of a MTX 1501D! I keep a blown pair around just for putting dust caps on recones...lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.