Dumples first build thread!!

dumple
5,000+ posts

What's in your trunk?
Philly
My first official build thread will be an ongoing process. I'll start with what I will be running or already am!

My headunit Alpine Ida x001 with 120 gig iPod

Front stage phoenix gold Rsd components

Rear/Midbass mpyre 65m in the rear deck

Mids amp is a kicker sx 700.4

Sub amp will be a kicker sx 600.2

Subwoofer is an Eclipse sw8000 single 4

I'm working 40-60 hours a week so I'm either crunched for time or tired as balls. I have all the speakers and the 700.4 installed along with the headunit and the sxrc I did today. Now some pictures then more info.

322b4383.jpg

f0587a7b.jpg

7a059203.jpg

I am waiting for the sub to arrive and then ill be starting the process of covering the trunk with damplifier and building a 1.65ish cuft false floor enclosure. Then I will be buying the 600.2 and finish the substage, I will then proceed to deaden the entire car. My exhaust drones so much i cannot wait to get the car covered in deadener so I do not have to hear that.

Overall so far completion I would say is 50 percent! Boy oh boy am I happy with the results thus far, it sounds amazing and the 700.4 is blowing the old jbl 75.4 out of the water.

Let me know what you think and such!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok things are panning out better then I thought, the sub will be here Thursday and I am going to pick up a kicker sx500.2 the same day for $125!!

made a pick up today a pretty clean (endcapless) sx 500.2 very decent price!!

5beb8a28.jpg

e28c514c.jpg

I talked to kicker and they said that they might have some endplates some where in the warehouse and they would be getting back to me soon!! custom paint ideas maybe the silver color of the car with a red stripe down the middle of each??

yup its the kicker sx rc because the sx crossovers and settings are fully digital you can use this to remotely control the low and high pass the eq the slopes everything!

Yippie do dah day a box came today!!!

I was unloading grocerys with my momma when the fedex man arrived, he kinda pushed the box from the back with his foot and this is how the box arrived to my hands,

3e79a76e.jpg

Upon further inspection and minor shitting my pants thinking great im gunna get a broken sub because fedex is the gay, Revrider1 did a fine packing job but we all know how shipping company employees are when boxes are heavy,

d27f0530.jpg

1b75a9a2.jpg

8a661a16.jpg

668f3870.jpg

a beautiful 36 pound Eclipse sw8000 im mad excited for the weekend, next step save money for deadner, was thinking maybe get some spectrum to coat the trunk and damplifier pro for the interior of the car I would really like some opinions of my idea there, the most extensive deadening i have done is peel and seal in my xterra //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Any way all in all a very good day!!

cleaned the trunk up sorted the wires a little more sorting / cleaning up saturday

a1722b47.jpg

0418a3b2.jpg

3356062d.jpg

really shitty pictures iphone in dark = poop

subs going in on saturday so ill def let everone know how it sounds and see if i can borrow a video cam to take some vids!

Todays update is as follows

-Installation of the SX 500.2

-Minor wire cleaning up

on to the pictures

54923a3a.jpg

5bb115b3.jpg

145bf823.jpg

9477312c.jpg

a21688a8.jpg

aafa858c.jpg

7c922e93.jpg

I realized after the I took the pictures the amps were not lined up so that is fixed!! They look great back there and I cannot wait for tomorrow when the box comes in!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.