Dumb@ss kids who think they have systems

From what I've seen after awhile more power is moot in some applications, then it boils down to cone area and enclosure design. Though in some cars(Exploders, CRXes, camaros, S10s, and just about anything with a hatch) even with 1k watts or less, prefab sealed boxes and run of the mill subs will get loud anyway.

not necessarily true, I'm sure there are people who have 5k+ watts on tap and 4 18s that can't meter for poop
Which is exactly my point - S1ctech's post implied that big amplifiers are impressive by themselves, when all it really means is that someone was able to afford the outlay in equipment. Simply spending money doesn't impress me.

SQ is subjective, so his system is just as good, if not better than yours, or anyone else's here.
I would like to offer an apology for the quarrel we had about SQ. I did a lot of reading and I completely agree with you. I realize that SQ is not subjective. There's a difference between true SQ and what people what people think SQ is. SQ deals with staging, TA, response curve, and most importantly, accuracy. If everyone knew exactly what the recording was supposed to sound like, SQ would lose all of it's subjectivity. The reason the argument is made that SQ is subjective is because not many people have heard exactly how the producer wants the recording to sound. These people, including myself, have their own interpretations of what everything should sound like instilled in their heads. I'd love to open my horizons to experience true SQ, but money, time, and know how hinder that.

I would like to offer an apology for the quarrel we had about SQ. I did a lot of reading and I completely agree with you. I realize that SQ is not subjective. There's a difference between true SQ and what people what people think SQ is. SQ deals with staging, TA, response curve, and most importantly, accuracy. If everyone knew exactly what the recording was supposed to sound like, SQ would lose all of it's subjectivity. The reason the argument is made that SQ is subjective is because not many people have heard exactly how the producer wants the recording to sound. These people, including myself, have their own interpretations of what everything should sound like instilled in their heads. I'd love to open my horizons to experience true SQ, but money, time, and know how hinder that.
There was no need for an apology, this forum is here to express ideas. If we all agreed, there would be little need for such a place. I do thank you for the show of maturity however, and am glad you were willing to research the subject on your own and form your own opinion.

IT'S FUNNY allot of amps with ILS(if lightning strikes)wattage claims.but 13 years ago i got my ass kicked buy a kid at a competition he was running a kicker zr120 with 10 ga wire on 2 impp 10's.i was running to much to list and am still ashamed i don't know what it was his car or that shitty prefab box but that **** was LOUD.it made me completely rebuild my set up.at the time i was a professional installer and was building custom boxes and was well known for my work.WTF i even shook his car down for hidden equipment i will never forget that day!!

I can't get past the name burro breath??? did you eat one or worse??

My first system was a pair 8'' crunch in a b-pass box on a jensen amp and I thought it was the ****.

IT'S FUNNY allot of amps with ILS(if lightning strikes)wattage claims.but 13 years ago i got my ass kicked buy a kid at a competition he was running a kicker zr120 with 10 ga wire on 2 impp 10's.i was running to much to list and am still ashamed i don't know what it was his car or that shitty prefab box but that **** was LOUD.it made me completely rebuild my set up.at the time i was a professional installer and was building custom boxes and was well known for my work.WTF i even shook his car down for hidden equipment i will never forget that day!!
That kid was me. I had a midget with a kick drum hiding under the seat. Id almost forgotten the look on your face that day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.