question about high res systems

Participant count
  • Participant list

ken949

CarAudio.com Newbie
hey guys, total noob here.

i have a question about high res equipment.

i have been thinking of getting a new set of speakers. i need to integrate into my audi stock system. its one of those that I can not remove the head unit and must keep in.

i do plan on using the nav tv zen v unit to remove the stock amp and do a clean signal.

main question:
if I want to do high res. will the speakers be enough or does everything need to be high res?
meaning, does the head unit, amps, and all the speakers need to be high res to play high res?
why cause I already have amps that are not high res and I must keep the stock h head unit. speakers are still up for options. I'm just trying to understand what is required to do a high res system. if its not doable with what I have ill just save money with non high res speakers. or even go a different route for speakers without the constraint of looking for high res speakers.

Last edited:
even go a different route for speakers without the constraint of looking for high res speakers
A high resolution system will require high quality speakers but there is no need to do it all in one go, take it one component at a time. This gives you the opportunity better tailor you preference as you go. A good LOC/DSP can make entry level amps and speakers sound pretty good. It all starts with a clean signal, if the signal is corrupted, then all down the chain will be corrupted as well. I have heard simple radio/speaker combos that sounded so clean that would one would find me staring at the radio as the music swayed.
Put together what you currently have and enjoy the journey, tweak as you go. You may end up like us, enjoying the hobby for life

hey guys, total noob here.

i have a question about high res equipment.

i have been thinking of getting a new set of speakers. i need to integrate into my audi stock system. its one of those that I can not remove the head unit and must keep in.

i do plan on using the nav tv zen v unit to remove the stock amp and do a clean signal.

main question:
if I want to do high res. will the speakers be enough or does everything need to be high res?
meaning, does the head unit, amps, and all the speakers need to be high res to play high res?
why cause I already have amps that are not high res and I must keep the stock h head unit. speakers are still up for options. I'm just trying to understand what is required to do a high res system. if its not doable with what I have ill just save money with non high res speakers. or even go a different route for speakers without the constraint of looking for high res speakers.

IMHO true high rez in a car is a waste of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...