Dual voice coil wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hydrogen

Hello, I'm currently ordering a new subwoofer for my system, it's a Ground Zero GZRW 12D2.

I'm using a Ground Zero 2155X amplifier which is underpowering the sub but it isn't a matter because I will be getting a new amp soon.

My question is, the sub has 2x 2Ohm coils. My amplifier can put out 100W each channel at 4Ohms, 150W on each channel at 2Ohms and 300W-400W (?) bridged 4Ohms.

Do you think I should connect one coil to one channel, other to other with a mono signal so both outputs are the same and don't destroy the subwoofer or just put the voice coils in series to get a 4Ohm load and bridge it?

Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.