TheLost

Hey all,

So in my old 1990 Volvo Turbo wagon, I currently have:

Keinzle MCR 1016BT Head

MB Quart 4" speakers in the rear doors

Rockford Fostage 5.25" speakers in the front doors

But I'm lacking some bottom end..

SO!

I want to add a 4 channel with a sub or two to beefen up the sound. But the problem is that the Keinzle doesn't have RCA outs on it, so I don't know how I would go about adding a 4 channel.

Any input?

I'm VERY new to car audio, so I apologize. I normally focus on making them fast instead.

Hey all,
So in my old 1990 Volvo Turbo wagon, I currently have:

Keinzle MCR 1016BT Head

MB Quart 4" speakers in the rear doors

Rockford Fostage 5.25" speakers in the front doors

But I'm lacking some bottom end..

SO!

I want to add a 4 channel with a sub or two to beefen up the sound. But the problem is that the Keinzle doesn't have RCA outs on it, so I don't know how I would go about adding a 4 channel.

Any input?

I'm VERY new to car audio, so I apologize. I normally focus on making them fast instead.
Some 4 channel amps have hi level inputs on them so you can run the speaker wires from your head unit directly into the amp. Otherwise you could use a LOC (line out converter) it allows you to connect the speaker wires from your head unit to it and then gives you RCA outs to run to your amp. Most expensive choice would be a DSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible suggestion but not saying it won't work. He didn't include that stock HU's put out the most distortion to aftermarket audio which will result in noises, problems/issues, etc. Not to mention an increased clipping signal to the amp which you say you will get.

The better solution would be to ditch that stock HU and get an aftermarket one, one that has 3 set's of pre-outs. Most good HU's will run you 100-150 bucks. So fairly inexpensive.

Some 4 channel amps have hi level inputs on them so you can run the speaker wires from your head unit directly into the amp. Otherwise you could use a LOC (line out converter) it allows you to connect the speaker wires from your head unit to it and then gives you RCA outs to run to your amp. Most expensive choice would be a DSP.

Thanks!

Terrible suggestion but not saying it won't work. He didn't include that stock HU's put out the most distortion to aftermarket audio which will result in noises, problems/issues, etc. Not to mention an increased clipping signal to the amp which you say you will get.
The better solution would be to ditch that stock HU and get an aftermarket one, one that has 3 set's of pre-outs. Most good HU's will run you 100-150 bucks. So fairly inexpensive.
.. It's not a stock headunit?? But thanks for the suggestion.

No stock head unit being used in this install. If there was a stock head unit being used I would have still made the same suggestion tho. I will explain for you. It is important to note that all factory head units are not the same and they do not all distort at the same volume level. Also some factory head units have less distortion at higher volumes than some aftermarket units. (This has been verified with a oscilloscope) LOCs used to be built using basic power resisters (configured as a voltage divider) Most LOCs now are much more complex than that. Not all LOCs are equal and not all of them function in a universal application. Electronic LOCs with circuitry to accept factory signals provide a very clean preamp level signal out to the aftermarket amplifiers (also verified with a oscilloscope).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.