Can I reuse this dash kit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jalan

I have an aftermarket Jensen double-din radio installed in a 2011 Ford E-350. The Jensen slides into a metal mounting kit from the front. It is released by inserting a U-shaped metal radio release tool into holes on the left and right front of the radio. Photos below. One photo is the in-dash kit. The other photo is of the small bracket screwed into the side of the Jensen radio.

I want to install a Pioneer 4200NEX radio w/ Android Auto. Will I be able to reuse this in-dash kit and install the Pioneer from the front or will I need to pull the dash and put a new kit in?
0dc7735bb7a2539d7dfcbef59a86572f.jpg
a39227ecdb6b74f6e8acac82ac6ea49e.jpg

The metal brackets are part of the Jensen kit. The plastic bezel is the part that you can reuse. The new headunit will have its own mounting pieces that go inside the plastic piece.

Appreciate your response. There isn't a bezel on the radio. That's just the faceplate of the radio. It sounds like you're saying that this metal mounting box that is in the dash is specific to the Jensen unit. I was hoping that there was a way to slide the Pioneer deck into that metal box from the front. I know Crutchfield ships a mounting kit so it sounds like I'm going to have to use that and take the dash off. Crutchfield did confirm to me that their mounting kit for the Pioneer deck cannot be mounted from the front. The dash has to come off. Hopefully removing the dash is not a huge deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jalan

jalan
Des Moines, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jalan