Dual Battery Question. Already Searched

Scoobasteve
10+ year member

Hi Guys,

I have a 1999 Civic SI, with a 165a alt and a yellow top under the hood. Big 3 has been completed with 0ga wire.

I'm planning on running a

Alpine MRV-F545 4 channel (fused at 80a)

and

MTX 7801 - 150a i believe.

My question is

If i run the yellow top under the hood and a Kinetik HC2400 for the trunk do i have to run the negative cable from the yellow top to the kinetik or can i use a chassis ground in the trunk as the yellow top is grounded directly to the chassis under the hood.

Or would i be better off running a distro block under the hood and the HC2400 as my main battery.

Thanks,

Steve

if u got the wire/funds run a ground too but not necessary as long as u have a good ground to chassis in the back it will be fine (make sure to get bare metal and attach with lock washer or similar)

Just make sure you use the same gauge wire to ground both front and rear battery. 1/0 would be recommended throughout that install. Also you "should" fuse the main wire 18" from both battteries to keep power out of the cabin in case of accident. One Fuse holder will not protect the car with the second power source now in the car, either use two fuse holders or none at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.