dual 1ohm subs wire to .5 ohm or 2ohm

I would go with sundown dc american bass

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Im choosin a sundown 5k for my 2 tantric hdds n i was thinkn bout strapping 2 brutus amp l. Glad im goin with one nice burly amp

so whats better? 1 amp running at .5 ohm, or 2 amps each running at 2 ohm, that was the original posters question. Which way is more efficient?
If there running the same power u probably wont notice a difference

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM

But buyimg 2 amps to get the same power u can get outa 1 amp at .5 is crazy

I have never looked this far into it but is an amp more or less efficient at .5 ohm? Compared to 2 ohm.

Is an amp going to have more or less distortion at .5 ohm? Compared to 2 ohm.

Has amp one every actually tested this?

I have never looked this far into it but is an amp more or less efficient at .5 ohm? Compared to 2 ohm.
Is an amp going to have more or less distortion at .5 ohm? Compared to 2 ohm.

Has amp one every actually tested this?
Yes again and again .the lower u drop impedence the more distortion amd less efficient a amp becomes ..now there are amps that are better and worse at handling these drops but u probably wont notice a diff .if u have the proper electrical to support the amount of power u plan on running

So... it would be more efficient using two of the same size amps vs. a larger single amp at less impedance...if that's what I am understanding that's what I was looking for...

Another question would be would the two amps pull the same or more/less current than the larger lower efficient amp? Just trying to get a general understanding. Thanks

So... it would be more efficient using two of the same size amps vs. a larger single amp at less impedance...if that's what I am understanding that's what I was looking for...Another question would be would the two amps pull the same or more/less current than the larger lower efficient amp? Just trying to get a general understanding. Thanks
No what im saying is if they do the same power u will not notice a difference if ur car is electrically setup to handle it ...1 amp is just simpler and gona be alot cheaper to buy .5ohm power vs 2 ohm power ..its pretty simple

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.