Ds 18 amps, good or not

If I am not mistaken, DS18 is a house brand from a distributor out of Florida. I can not recall who else they rep but I do recall reading something about them on CEoutlook.com. They were at CES in the north hall behind the I heart radio booth.

Not much to look at and I didn't see any literature on ther offerings.

Good move on the soundstream, the ds18 frx1k is the worst amp I have every used, now the atom amps are good for the doors and take up the space of one amp, I have them pushing ds18 6x9 and 6.25, massive door tweeters, by them selves they sou d good for what I listen which is everything from ocean sounds to hard rock.....and they can take a pounding, so they're not all bad...

Back to the frx1k,......POS .....in my opinion, boasts 1000w rms @ 1ohm...and couldn't handle 1 old school rockford 10 inch sub at 500w rms on the sub......then I put my 12in memphis m6.....running on a flat signal clipped......then my friends oscilloscope confirmed it was a total pos. the dyno rated it at 375w rms max at 1ohm, 200 @ 2 ohm, 156 @4 ohms..........then we put a sub on it and played thunderstruck the amp never made it past the 3rd bass drop....RIP...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.