Drown out mids and highs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
you always want more power to your mids than your tweets if you want anything decent sounding. you can use your amp like that but the mids will be severely underpowered. Those mids love power and if its like that you'll want 4 ohm mids, not 8. Your choice but i hate the sound of underpowered mids when driven high personally.

80 prs is active capable and almost any other modern head unit nowadays. you dont need to have external crossovers.

What i said is if you have 8 ohm tweeters two in front and two in back, they'd be bridged to your rockford and power is split between them.

The would be setup the same, 8 ohm mids two in front, two in back, bridged off that taramps ds1200. You'll never have to worry about mids and highs loudness again.

if this is going over budget, you can substitute the speakers with these to reduce cost and the pioneer 8704 amp. Instead of an 80 prs you can add a dayton dsp which is 150 only.
Explain that Dayton dps to me.

Explain that Dayton dps to me.
does everything way more advanced than any head unit on the market other than the 99prs

does everything way more advanced than any head unit on the market other than the 99prs
I don’t know how to use but I’m sure I could figure it out. If u want can u explain how I use it or install it. If not, that’s cool, I’ll watch YouTube vids. And thank u for all ur help for real. And I’m gonna get a sundown 100.4 and run sundown 6.5 mid ranges with my super tweeters. Should I use just 4 midrange speakers in the doors running 2 ohm per channel up front including the tweets and 4 ohm per channel in the rear or should I run 6 midrange drivers with the tweets so I am running 2 ohms on every channel? What do u think?

I don’t know how to use but I’m sure I could figure it out. If u want can u explain how I use it or install it. If not, that’s cool, I’ll watch YouTube vids. And thank u for all ur help for real. And I’m gonna get a sundown 100.4 and run sundown 6.5 mid ranges with my super tweeters. Should I use just 4 midrange speakers in the doors running 2 ohm per channel up front including the tweets and 4 ohm per channel in the rear or should I run 6 midrange drivers with the tweets so I am running 2 ohms on every channel? What do u think?

Why not run two midrange, two midbass, and two midrange? The Dayton has 8 channels, so, you would have control of every speaker individually. The last two channels would be for your subs. I had the Dayton, but didn't do my homework before install day and went a different route. So, do as much studying on it as you can. It will be worth it.

Why not run two midrange, two midbass, and two midrange? The Dayton has 8 channels, so, you would have control of every speaker individually. The last two channels would be for your subs. I had the Dayton, but didn't do my homework before install day and went a different route. So, do as much studying on it as you can. It will be worth it.
How do I get it to read each speaker and tweeter individually? I was gonna have my tweeters wired parallel with my front midrange drivers? Is that ok? How do I wire 4 speakers and 2 tweeters to a sundown sae 100.4 through that Dayton dsp correctly? I don’t know spit about a crossover. Never used one. Would a regular crossover be easier?

How do I get it to read each speaker and tweeter individually? I was gonna have my tweeters wired parallel with my front midrange drivers? Is that ok? How do I wire 4 speakers and 2 tweeters to a sundown sae 100.4 through that Dayton dsp correctly? I don’t know spit about a crossover. Never used one. Would a regular crossover be easier?

That's the magic of the Dayton. 8 outputs to control up to eight speakers individually. Each independent of each other. Each has their own EQ, time alignment, crossover points, etc... You can link speakers together if need be. But, it seems most guys want control of every speaker by itself. It was a little mind blowing to me. You can micromanage your system from your phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.