Component Recommendations for VW CC for $200

a404freedom
10+ year member

I'm looking to replace my factory speakers in my '13 VW CC, and both the front and the rear house tweeters so I'm gonna buy two sets of components. I'm looking for a "full" sound...I hate the high pitch scream so I'm assuming a silk dome tweeter is what I'm looking for. The speakers are running off an Alpine PDX 5-channel and I have a Type-R 10 in the rear. I have a JL Cleansweep running off my factory radio. Again, $200 for each set so a total of approx. $400 for both sets. PLEASE HELP!

Another option is to use the 3-way speaker locations up front instead of just a woofer and a tweeter.
When you say 3-way speaker locations, what do you mean? As i can see myself, there is a woofer and tweeter in each door. Are you saying that there is a 3rd mounting location?

I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking for a component set for $200 or less myself. I only need 1 set but these are the 2 I have narrowed it down to and think would be good options...

Image Dynamics CTX65CS $169.99

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

Morel Maximo 6.5 $169.99

WoofersEtc.com - Maximo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System

Both have the silk tweets you are looking for. I was leaning towards the ID set but now I'm torn again.... I get stuck trying to decide what I want and never get anything lol

I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking for a component set for $200 or less myself. I only need 1 set but these are the 2 I have narrowed it down to and think would be good options...
Image Dynamics CTX65CS $169.99

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

Morel Maximo 6.5 $169.99

WoofersEtc.com - Maximo 6 - Morel 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System

Both have the silk tweets you are looking for. I was leaning towards the ID set but now I'm torn again.... I get stuck trying to decide what I want and never get anything lol
Lol I completely agree. Though, after a lot of looking, I found out my car DOES have 3 speakers up from so I think im gonna go 3-way for the front stage and 2-way for the rear. Any input???

I'm looking to replace my factory speakers in my '13 VW CC, and both the front and the rear house tweeters so I'm gonna buy two sets of components. I'm looking for a "full" sound...I hate the high pitch scream so I'm assuming a silk dome tweeter is what I'm looking for. The speakers are running off an Alpine PDX 5-channel and I have a Type-R 10 in the rear. I have a JL Cleansweep running off my factory radio. Again, $200 for each set so a total of approx. $400 for both sets. PLEASE HELP!

Okay well I know this post is old prob. dont have the car anymore. What i did. Kept factory mid woofers, upgrading tweeters to mb quart20mm 1' tweeters. Got a pxd 213 12 db MB Quart xover over point is 2500khz also added a OEM 2" Blaukpunkt speaker mid from a 2010 VW Tourareg it is rated at 12 ohms but I was able to integrate in with my system. Its adds a nice amount of midrange highlight. I hooked it up to the low pass mid-bass portion output of the crossover so it is running from 300-2500khz range. Sounds pretty good. The aftermarket subwoofer made the biggest difference. 8" MB Quart sub Discus Series dual 4 ohm coils. Powering this with a PPI 350.2 in stereo mode (not bridges). This is installed in the rear trunk drivers side area behind the rear interior barrier. Totally hidden system. Looks 100% stock. Very affordable upgrade. Yes the factory 6.75" woofers play nice and low in the front doors and are very tight with the MB Crossover applied. Stock set up had these playing full range with no crossover. Also stock radio at least on my 2017 is very powerful. No need for an external amp. Future upgrades I might install a set of Mark Levenson tweeters in the front not sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.