driving with wall

I assume you go to UT? It's because Michigan doesn't require you to have a front license plate and their new parking enforcement system scans the license plates as they drive through the parking lot, so if you back in the license plate isn't visible. As far as giving you a ticket even though you have a front plate, well that's just stupid but UT has never been a shining example of intelligence.
Same thing I was gonna say. There was a reason there was a Facebook group called "Rocket Patrol Can Eat a Dick" I have had to appeal at least 1 ticket per semester the past few years because I would never display my hangtag. Now campus is literally 3 houses away so I don't have to deal with be turned away from student parking on basketball and football days.

BRTky.jpg

Same thing I was gonna say. There was a reason there was a Facebook group called "Rocket Patrol Can Eat a Dick" I have had to appeal at least 1 ticket per semester the past few years because I would never display my hangtag. Now campus is literally 3 houses away so I don't have to deal with be turned away from student parking on basketball and football days.
I've literally never received a ticket. I did get a warning for parking on the grass by rocket hall during the first week but it was THE FIRST WEEK so literally every parking lot was packed. It is bullshit how they close half the parking lots for sporting events. You would think commuter students attempting to get to class would have priority but obviously football/basketball games are more important.

Did not know about that facebook group though, lulz

I assume you go to UT? It's because Michigan doesn't require you to have a front license plate and their new parking enforcement system scans the license plates as they drive through the parking lot, so if you back in the license plate isn't visible. As far as giving you a ticket even though you have a front plate, well that's just stupid but UT has never been a shining example of intelligence.
yeah exactly, I mean the dude obviously had nothing better to do(UT rent a cops) because the scanner wouldn't have picked it up, because i have a plate there. but yeah, I got an email and **** they had the pictures of the whip and everything. But, on the off chance it'll work Im gonna try to appeal it...why not right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

I've literally never received a ticket. I did get a warning for parking on the grass by rocket hall during the first week but it was THE FIRST WEEK so literally every parking lot was packed. It is bullshit how they close half the parking lots for sporting events. You would think commuter students attempting to get to class would have priority but obviously football/basketball games are more important.
Did not know about that facebook group though, lulz

There was an article in the Collegian a few weeks ago about a student petition for better parking rights for students. Its not being marketed very aggressively but the article made it clear that UT administration basically laughed at it and wants nothing to do with it.

well, I mean Im a commuter so its not like i have to park off campus at scott park or whatever that **** is where you have to take a bus to get to the parking lot. So, I guess it could be a lot worse.

...but the article made it clear that UT administration basically laughed at it and wants nothing to do with it.
Undergrad students are scum, everywhere.

Faculty, administration and grad students get the priority, as it should be.

I have no issues with my wall and driving. However, my wife has a few. Mainly in parking lots or gas stations where people may be around when backing up. I do have a reverse camera, but it only shows so much and for her it was an issue. I don't remember how it was for me when I first started driving with a wall, that was around 10 years ago or so.

They would not get away with that BS around here..... Some civil rights group or student activist group would step in and tell them where to stick it.

I have always seen a major "school spirit" problem when it comes to sports/events having higher priority than regular curricular classes.

Red light cameras, parking enforcement and several other 'security' type groups are now using license plate and facial recognition technology, its really sickening. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.