downfiring subs ?

didn't know there were certain downfiring enclosures..

i know that when you downfire a sub that = more enclosure room though.

& i don't think it'd matter.

didn't know there were certain downfiring enclosures..i know that when you downfire a sub that = more enclosure room though.

& i don't think it'd matter.
well i built the enclosure myself and the subs are about 5-6" off the floor.i was just wondering if it would sound different if they were closer the the floor

Mine are around 8 or 9 inches off the floor, the box I had before this one was around 3 or 4 inches.......they sound about the same. I don't think it matters as long as you don't go like 2 feet off the ground.

I just built a downfired box for my friend he has 2 10" w3's "my old subs":rolleyes: . But it rumbles he hell out of his car. His old box with these w3's it hardly even rattled anything, but now it rattles his cell phone on his roof.

I just built a downfired box for my friend he has 2 10" w3's "my old subs":rolleyes: . But it rumbles he hell out of his car. His old box with these w3's it hardly even rattled anything, but now it rattles his cell phone on his roof.
it seems to work well in small cab vehicles, like my s-10. in a suv and vehicles with larger cabs, it may not work as well.

it seems to work well in small cab vehicles, like my s-10. in a suv and vehicles with larger cabs, it may not work as well.
My friend josh has his 13" focals downfired with a 5. cf box ported, and it makes u berp cuz it rattles ur stomach so much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.