How loud is a 10" FI Q sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DBD

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I've been browsing the forums for a week or so now, just checking things out. I've been into car audio for about a year now, and try to keep up with the smaller manufacturers that I feel always make a better prodcut then mass produced stuff. I could be wrong, but thats the way I feel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyways, I had two 12" Pioneers, the 60 buck ones, in a custom sealed enclosure under my rear seat in my dakota. Recently I had to trade that dakota in cuz the 5.9L V8 didn't get great milage and I was starting to get strapped for cash. Now I drive a Mitsubishi Outlander. I was thinking about building a large MDF enclosure in the back cargo area, but I have a small storage well on the drivers side. My caculations put that well at about .3 cu ft. Looking at FI's site, the 10 only needs .2, so a fiberglass enclosure with the sub sticking out of that well should be big enough.

My question is, will a 10" Q get loud? I don't want record breaking SPL, I just need more bass then the stock Inifinty system pumps out, something so I can drop the windows and sunroof and crank my system and have it clear, not muffled.

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry about the length. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey guys,
I'm new here, but I've been browsing the forums for a week or so now, just checking things out. I've been into car audio for about a year now, and try to keep up with the smaller manufacturers that I feel always make a better prodcut then mass produced stuff. I could be wrong, but thats the way I feel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyways, I had two 12" Pioneers, the 60 buck ones, in a custom sealed enclosure under my rear seat in my dakota. Recently I had to trade that dakota in cuz the 5.9L V8 didn't get great milage and I was starting to get strapped for cash. Now I drive a Mitsubishi Outlander. I was thinking about building a large MDF enclosure in the back cargo area, but I have a small storage well on the drivers side. My caculations put that well at about .3 cu ft. Looking at FI's site, the 10 only needs .2, so a fiberglass enclosure with the sub sticking out of that well should be big enough.

My question is, will a 10" Q get loud? I don't want record breaking SPL, I just need more bass then the stock Inifinty system pumps out, something so I can drop the windows and sunroof and crank my system and have it clear, not muffled.

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry about the length. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Loud is different to everyone. Yes it will definitly be louder than the stock speakers. Just make sure you have a powerful enough amp to feed it. What amp are you planning on using?

Loud is different to everyone. Yes it will definitly be louder than the stock speakers. Just make sure you have a powerful enough amp to feed it. What amp are you planning on using?
I was planning on getting something in the 1000W RMS rating or so. This is a realative budget build, so i was planning on going used if I could find a good amp used, or a Hifonics new. I am a college student in the end.

I understand about the loud, I'm just kinda nervous going from 1 12" subs to a single 10", but I also realize I had crappy subs and this is very high quality. Those 12's weren't loud enough for me, presumably from the cheap sub/460W 2 channel Dual Amp I was running. I'm assuming this 10 will be louder then those, but I know it's tough to assume, and impossible to know before putting one in and trying it. It's just an expensive piece to make a mistake with.

honestly if your afraid it wont be as loud or louder than the 12's I would consider porting the Q. Put it in a 1cuft box tuned to around 34-35hz with a decent amp and it should easily get louder than the pioneers.

If I'm gonna build a box, I'm going with bigger subs.

I may just go that route, I was hoping to keep it small though. Plus, fiberglass looks cool.

I mean dont get me wrong a sealed 10" Q should sound great but if your looking for more output port it. you could even go as small as .5 cubes ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.