Double negative and postive outputs?! Plesse help...

Denial-

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pa
I have been gone from car audio for a good 10 years and recently decided to get back into it. As I'm building my first new system I noticed almost all new amps have double outputs now... my question is, can I just ignore 1 set of them if I'm using a mono Amp for 2 subs? I'm trying to do a series/parallel with 2 dual 1 ohm subs to keep them at 1 ohm at the Amp, the only way I know how to do this is with 1 set of negative and postivie outputs lol so is there a better way to wire it using both sets or is it fine to just ignore 1 set?
Thanks everyone for your help. This site has always been so great I'm so glad it's still around.

Thanks man... my other question at the same time.. is there a way to use both sets to wire 2 subs to 1ohm? Both subs being dual 1 ohm

Thanks man... my other question at the same time.. is there a way to use both sets to wire 2 subs to 1ohm? Both subs being dual 1 ohm
wire both subs in series at the sub terminals (2 ohm), then connect those leads to each amp output. Those amp outputs are in parallel. That'll give 1 ohm. Both outputs are just connected to the amp circuit's output. Like he said, the extra pair is just there for convenience. Basically, you were right with what you said about doing a series/parallel setup

wire both subs in series at the sub terminals (2 ohm), then connect those leads to each amp output. Those amp outputs are in parallel. That'll give 1 ohm. Both outputs are just connected to the amp circuit's output. Like he said, the extra pair is just there for convenience. Basically, you were right with what you said about doing a series/parallel setup

So basically instead of wiring the subs to themselves they would just have their own output? I feel it'd just be easier in this case to just wire them up to themselves and only have 1 set of wires going to the output lol.
I appreciate all the help from you and everyone else, main thing was thinking I had to use both outputs or 1 was on one sort of channel and other was on another sort of thing.

I have been gone from car audio for a good 10 years and recently decided to get back into it. As I'm building my first new system I noticed almost all new amps have double outputs now... my question is, can I just ignore 1 set of them if I'm using a mono Amp for 2 subs? I'm trying to do a series/parallel with 2 dual 1 ohm subs to keep them at 1 ohm at the Amp, the only way I know how to do this is with 1 set of negative and postivie outputs lol so is there a better way to wire it using both sets or is it fine to just ignore 1 set?
Thanks everyone for your help. This site has always been so great I'm so glad it's still around.
What amp are you using? Car amps don't just have "double outputs" that are wired internally unless they are Pyramid crap type of equipment.
Multiple outputs means multiple channels. Leaving them unused means you have amplifier power not being used.

Baloney a lot of the new mono-block amplifiers from Sundown, DD, Soundqubed, Orion HCAA and many others have that and have for a few years. You are not leaving anything on the table for power. They even tell you to wire it to just one if you want as it won't matter one bit at all.

What amp are you using? Car amps don't just have "double outputs" that are wired internally unless they are Pyramid crap type of equipment.
Multiple outputs means multiple channels. Leaving them unused means you have amplifier power not being used.
It's a hifonics bxx3000, mono d class so it's only 1 channel but definitely has 2 negative and 2 postive outputs. Not sure the quality of hifonics now a days anymore so if anyone has an suggestions on a better mono amp rated for 3000 watts at 1 ohm im definitely up for any suggestions.
Also can anyone please confirm the debate on if it's OK to not use one of the sets of the outputs?

You can use just one of the outputs. You won't leave anything on the table for power. No HIfonics isn't exactly known for quality equipment these days as far as some of them go. However he is wrong in his assessment period.

Next he will claim he knows more about amplifiers then Sundown, DD, Soundqubed, MMats and so on.

Lot's of 3k options out there from the half-bridge Korean stuff to the full bridge stuff from Sundown, Taramps and a few others.

Also for what is hopefully my last question about amps...would sundown be a much better option than hifonics? I was considering an amp from hifonics but have since found sundown. I'm just curious if it's that much more worth it for the extra $180 or so for the sundown... it'll be powering 2 fi audio ssd v4s. Thanks guys.

Sundown over Hifonics all day long. Which amplifier exactly? If it is one of the Salts then it is Korean and you might be able to find the same amplifier just under a different logo for cheaper.

It's OK to only use 1 set...if you use both say a 2ohm load into each output...the amp will see a 1 ohm load...hifonics over rates their output these days...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...