Double negative and postive outputs?! Plesse help...

My 2ks do really nice. Im only using One atm on a pair of older XFL 12. waiting a bit to Strapp the Two on 4. I would think the 3k should do just as well

Every Mono amp they have of the CT series are Strappable from 400 on up

I sold HF amps in the mid-90s when they were good. $94.95 for “600 watts” tells you something.
Pyramid crap comes to mind.

Bought this and two 12” Alpine Rs for a c-note.
Just an FYI.. It didnt take Long for Even Hifonics to go to Shhitt after the VIII Series. This is a Fvkin Hurcules right here
20210821_181811 (7).jpg

Look at the Sundown SIA3500. It is a very good amp.
Thank you man. That's probably what I'm going to go with... it's between the Orion hcca3000 and the sundown sia3500. I keep wanting to do the Orion just because I know how good they used to be back 10 years ago but apparently they are nothing like they were then. I can do the almost $800 for the Orion but if the sundown sia will do what I need for 400 without a problem then why not just go with that. Anyone else have an opion? Sundown sia or Orion hcca?

Thank you man. That's probably what I'm going to go with... it's between the Orion hcca3000 and the sundown sia3500. I keep wanting to do the Orion just because I know how good they used to be back 10 years ago but apparently they are nothing like they were then. I can do the almost $800 for the Orion but if the sundown sia will do what I need for 400 without a problem then why not just go with that. Anyone else have an opion? Sundown sia or Orion hcca?
I dont have much to say about SD products other than I myself would not and will not any longer run any of theyre gear. Thats me. As for Orion they too have gone Down hill the past few years as most Name brands with exception of very few. Id run an NVX before a SD amp. Specs are pretty compared to each other, if not from the same build house?? Sure look close. Might even look at SoundQubeds Full Range 3ks. They may ALL be from the same House with a different Label on them? IMO.

Last edited:
Damnnnnnn. I'd give anything to have everything in that picture right there...
I appreciate all your other replies to man thank you
They are Available, as several others are. I am moving and Have picked what I want to keep. I have a Pluto VII just as clean not pictured also a couple Volcanos, and 30+ other amps

The early Power 300's, 650's, and 1,000's are iconic amps of the late 80's. Powerhouses. They were out at the same time as the 45hd, 75hd, and 150hd. My first real system was in 1989.
The HDs hit my area till around 88, I used the 45s 75s 100s,and 30s. The Power series didnt hit my area up until 90, I was using Hifonics VIIs Just before 89/90 after I witnessed a Pluto VII hooked up in an Audio shop powering a pair of Kicker Still Water Gold Series 12s in a single cab. Blew me away! All of us in there actually

The HDs hit my area till around 88, I used the 45s 75s 100s,and 30s. The Power series didnt hit my area up until 90, I was using Hifonics VIIs Just before 89/90 after I witnessed a Pluto VII hooked up in an Audio shop powering a pair of Kicker Still Water Gold Series 12s in a single cab. Blew me away! All of us in there actually

I couldn't afford the Power 300 to power my two Rockford Pro Series 12's ($380 each in 89'). I went with a Nakamichi PA-400M which was 220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. My Rockford subs were DVC 8 ohm. My mids/highs amp was a Punch 150hd with 5-¼" components up front and Rockford 5-¼" coaxials in the rear. My dash had a Sony AM/FM CD player, a half din Sony cassette player (XK-8D), and a half din Rockford pre-amp (PA-1HD). I used a Nakamichi two way electronic crossover (EC-200H). That system cost me $4,500 in 89'. It was in a 89' Ford Probe.

I couldn't afford the Power 300 to power my two Rockford Pro Series 12's ($380 each in 89'). I went with a Nakamichi PA-400M which was 220 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms. My Rockford subs were DVC 8 ohm. My mids/highs amp was a Punch 150hd with 5-¼" components up front and Rockford 5-¼" coaxials in the rear. My dash had a Sony AM/FM CD player, a half din Sony cassette player (XK-8D), and a half din Rockford pre-amp (PA-1HD). I used a Nakamichi two way electronic crossover (EC-200H). That system cost me $4,500 in 89'. It was in a 89' Ford Probe.
My Half Brother was given a Black 94 Probe GT. I ended up putting some JBL GTQ 12s in there on the Punch 75 and I put a 45 on a pair of Sony coax up front and a 30 on the rears. same speakers. Only had a Cassette Sony Dual Knob at the time. He had a Discman single CD player with the Cassette adapter to playCDs.

I had one those Cheap Coustic 3 way Xovers that I threw in for him. LOl. The Old man thought he was in a sports car when we were driving back from Houston. He in that car and I was in my 87 Toyo truck. I smoked his Azz every time. Left him sitting on the Highway. he was Pissed off when we stopped at Carls on 45 to get gas. LOl That little 22R engine in my truck was a little impressive back then. 4 spd

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...