Double Check My First System's Part List?

Participant count
  • Participant list
what are your plans for wiring?
They're doing the wiring for $160.

Sam's and Costco have excellent Deep Cycles at great prices.
Thanks!

head unit is rather cheap for an install like this... might as well get a double din touch...
these are the prices for the gear outside on amazon its definitely not a grand in gear...

head unit + dash kit and wiring harness = 150

morel maximo =150

type X 12 = 500 ~~~~~(you literally can just go down to a type R man, kinda overspending on this compared to the rest of the system, put it into a better head unit, the overall sound quality of the system should be a lot higher. A touch screen with backup cam would look sicker as well. something like a pioneer 501ex)

MRV F300 = 170 They better bridge this amp for those morels and leave the rear speakers on head unit power.. or else its no where near enough power for the morels no matter what they try to bs.

Alpine MRV-M1200 = 400

wiring kits should be around 130

so about 1500 total, not bad, custom box deadening and labor will bring it up to 1900. Very fair pricing actually.
Correct - they're leaving the rear deck as it is.

And the reason I ended up on that deck was because I don't need anything fancy. I don't need a touchscreen. My only requirements were that it be compatible with the front speakers/amp and that it had a usb and an aux input.

Any particular reason for this instead of the Alpine?

How are you liking your 2300NEX?
its pretty decent, i wouldnt recommend it tho. Certain things about it are somewhat irritating. The track change buttons being on the touchscreen are annoying, there isnt a timer indicating time left on the song, only time elapsed, no track number of the folder youre in (my old one would say like 12/16 to indicate i was on the 12th song of 16 in that folder), when selecting a new folder to listen to you have to either poke a spot on the bar on the right, or press on the thing to drag it up or down, or touch the area where the folder listings are and drag from there but it lacks up and down arrows to navigate with. annoying lol. those are its only downfalls, short of the usb compatibility issues that plague all NEX devices. If i was buying again, id get something else. maybe just a better pioneer unit.

Thanks!

more powerful and better quality. Zapco>Alpine all day urr day

Also, get an AGM, not a deep cycle batt. I work at same part time and they have a group 34 AGM for 150

yep zapco amps probably save u some $ and even look at sundown SA, fu 750 like mine $150 with 1200rms it'll be loud but if u tune low sound good too... there are other subs as someone said just get the R save some $ on those and the agm batt u could also buy the wire online well tell u where..

its pretty decent, i wouldnt recommend it tho. Certain things about it are somewhat irritating. The track change buttons being on the touchscreen are annoying, there isnt a timer indicating time left on the song, only time elapsed, no track number of the folder youre in (my old one would say like 12/16 to indicate i was on the 12th song of 16 in that folder), when selecting a new folder to listen to you have to either poke a spot on the bar on the right, or press on the thing to drag it up or down, or touch the area where the folder listings are and drag from there but it lacks up and down arrows to navigate with. annoying lol. those are its only downfalls, short of the usb compatibility issues that plague all NEX devices. If i was buying again, id get something else. maybe just a better pioneer unit.

more powerful and better quality. Zapco>Alpine all day urr day

Also, get an AGM, not a deep cycle batt. I work at same part time and they have a group 34 AGM for 150
Quality wise I might say they are the same.

Thanks!

Correct - they're leaving the rear deck as it is.

And the reason I ended up on that deck was because I don't need anything fancy. I don't need a touchscreen. My only requirements were that it be compatible with the front speakers/amp and that it had a usb and an aux input.

Its a much higher regarded SQ amp on a totally different upper eschelon than the alpine. Zapco is way up there in the tier of SQ brands over alpine, that particular amp is a highly regarded Budget SQ amp and its double the power for only a little bit more which those morel maximos will appreciate.

Quality wise I might say they are the same.
u sure about that?

Its a much higher regarded SQ amp on a totally different upper eschelon than the alpine. Zapco is way up there in the tier of SQ brands over alpine, that particular amp is a highly regarded Budget SQ amp and its double the power for only a little bit more which those morel maximos will appreciate.
this is what i was getting after by recommending the Zapco

also, for the likely $500 that youll be laying down on that sub, im sure that everyone here will agree that there are subs thatll match the quality in every parameter for less money. Nothing wrong with that sub at all, but you could get some more bang for your buck elsewhere
get one of these heh heh
What other subs would give me that bang for my buck?

What other subs would give me that bang for my buck?
sundown sa is well liked and less than 1/2 the $.. fu car audio 750 is a good strong sub for 1k + amp (if ported) both will sound good if tuned 30-35hz the 750 may take the power better on sale for $150 pretty good for a 40 pound sub.. ab xfl also well liked and since u said sq lot of peeps like the daytons 5yr warranty but idk how loud they are..

sundown sa is well liked and less than 1/2 the $.. fu car audio 750 is a good strong sub for 1k + amp (if ported) both will sound good if tuned 30-35hz the 750 may take the power better on sale for $150 pretty good for a 40 pound sub.. ab xfl also well liked and since u said sq lot of peeps like the daytons 5yr warranty but idk how loud they are..
Fi audio as well. Still think he should get an EMF Ermagerd 15" theyre only two thousand dollars each

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.