Double Check My First System's Part List?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rhythm
10+ year member

Hi All;

I'm looking into my first system - for a 2012 Civic LX - and I've got a quote from a shop for a full install.

Below is the running list of what I've got in my shopping cart. Does anything seem out of place, or does it all seem to make sense?

I'm also wanting to double check that everything will work with each other. It's always helpful to have additional eyes on this stuff before I pull the trigger.

Headunit: Pioneer DEH-X7800BHS

Front Speakers: Morel Maximo 6

Front 4-Channel Amp: Alpine MRV-F300

Sub: One Alpine X-W12D4

Sub Amp: Alpine MRV-M1200

The shop would build a custom box for the sub, so that's why it's not included here.

Am I on the right track? Again - this is a whole new world to me.

Hi All;
I'm looking into my first system - for a 2012 Civic LX - and I've got a quote from a shop for a full install.

Below is the running list of what I've got in my shopping cart. Does anything seem out of place, or does it all seem to make sense?

I'm also wanting to double check that everything will work with each other. It's always helpful to have additional eyes on this stuff before I pull the trigger.

Headunit: Pioneer DEH-X7800BHS

Front Speakers: Morel Maximo 6

Front 4-Channel Amp: Alpine MRV-F300

Sub: One Alpine X-W12D4

Sub Amp: Alpine MRV-M1200

The shop would build a custom box for the sub, so that's why it's not included here.

Am I on the right track? Again - this is a whole new world to me.
it looks like good stuff i'm cheap so i'd say u can get more for less but if u like alpine it's up to u.. as far as the shop making box (i assume ported) if so u may wanta get a good box design and have them make it instead of just trusting they will make u a good one..

it looks like good stuff i'm cheap so i'd say u can get more for less but if u like alpine it's up to u.. as far as the shop making box (i assume ported) if so u may wanta get a good box design and have them make it instead of just trusting they will make u a good one..
Gotcha - I arrived at that list from a combination of forum posts and talking with the shop owner. It's more of an SQL build since I'm more concerned with that vs. straight up loud.

Thanks for the feedback!

what price are they quoting you?
$1900 for the installation of everything listed above.

This also includes a double layer of dynomat in the front doors, rear doors, and trunk, and a custom box with a custom privacy cover.

I forgot to say that I need to purchase a capacitor as well. Are there any ones I should be looking for?

This also includes a double layer of dynomat in the front doors, rear doors, and trunk, and a custom box with a custom privacy cover.

I forgot to say that I need to purchase a capacitor as well. Are there any ones I should be looking for?
2nd battery, no capacitor they are garbage.

Don’t pay for a double layer. Only layer that matters is the contact layer.

Btw. SQL is not a thing.

well, its about a grand in gear, so i think youre pretty good getting a professional install, custom box and that much dynamat for the additional 900

what are your plans for wiring?

2nd battery, no capacitor they are garbage.
beat me to it LoL

well, its about a grand in gear, so i think youre pretty good getting a professional install, custom box and that much dynamat for the additional 900
what are your plans for wiring?

beat me to it LoL
Yeah? Any recommendations?

head unit is rather cheap for an install like this... might as well get a double din touch...

these are the prices for the gear outside on amazon its definitely not a grand in gear...

head unit + dash kit and wiring harness = 150

morel maximo =150

type X 12 = 500 ~~~~~(you literally can just go down to a type R man, kinda overspending on this compared to the rest of the system, put it into a better head unit, the overall sound quality of the system should be a lot higher. A touch screen with backup cam would look sicker as well. something like a pioneer 501ex)

MRV F300 = 170 They better bridge this amp for those morels and leave the rear speakers on head unit power.. or else its no where near enough power for the morels no matter what they try to bs.

Alpine MRV-M1200 = 400

wiring kits should be around 130

so about 1500 total, not bad, custom box deadening and labor will bring it up to 1900. Very fair pricing actually.

head unit is rather cheap for an install like this... might as well get a double din touch...
these are the prices for the gear outside on amazon its definitely not a grand in gear...

head unit + dash kit and wiring harness = 150

morel maximo =150

type X 12 = 500 ~~~~~(you literally can just go down to a type R man, kinda overspending on this compared to the rest of the system, put it into a better head unit, the overall sound quality of the system should be a lot higher. A touch screen with backup cam would look sicker as well. something like a pioneer 501ex)

MRV F300 = 170 They better bridge this amp for those morels and leave the rear speakers on head unit power.. or else its no where near enough power for the morels no matter what they try to bs.

Alpine MRV-M1200 = 400

wiring kits should be around 130

so about 1500 total, not bad, custom box deadening and labor will bring it up to 1900. Very fair pricing actually.
i saw the deck for 100 and the sub for 400 hence my lower rounded off number, but shops do and will charge more than the amazon prices due to the cost of business, yes. If the 1900 figure includes wiring too, the price is right. def could go with more power on those Morels, totally agree.

Oh, i got those PRVs installed yesterday, day and night!!!! ran out of time and had to leave the deck powering them and its WOEFULLY inadequate on wattage. Ill take a crack at getting the PC250 behind them and the tweeters installed (jumped the gun on my sig, theyre still in the box)

i saw the deck for 100 and the sub for 400 hence my lower rounded off number, but shops do and will charge more than the amazon prices due to the cost of business, yes. If the 1900 figure includes wiring too, the price is right. def could go with more power on those Morels, totally agree.
Oh, i got those PRVs installed yesterday, day and night!!!! ran out of time and had to leave the deck powering them and its WOEFULLY inadequate on wattage. Ill take a crack at getting the PC250 behind them and the tweeters installed (jumped the gun on my sig, theyre still in the box)
actually this is literally the prices you get on amazon, the shops arent really charging him higher than what we can get on our own. The type X is literally 500 on amazon/ebay right now. Head unit is 120 but figure in the dash kit, harness etc and yeah 150. One of the most honestly priced quotes i've seen from a newb going to a shop on this forum in a LOOONG time. Other places will be like... 2600 dollars for this sh*t.

Yeah wait till you get massive power on those PRVs Totally different animal once SQ wise you are past the 300 rms mark.

actually this is literally the prices you get on amazon, the shops arent really charging him higher than what we can get on our own. The type X is literally 500 on amazon/ebay right now. Head unit is 120 but figure in the dash kit, harness etc and yeah 150. One of the most honestly priced quotes i've seen from a newb going to a shop on this forum in a LOOONG time. Other places will be like... 2600 dollars for this sh*t.
Yeah wait till you get massive power on those PRVs Totally different animal once SQ wise you are past the 300 rms mark.
im pretty impressed with the quote he got too! better amp on those morels and itll surely sing!! the amazon prices you saw were the amazon fulfilled orders, lesser prices can be had with a few clicks but theyre fulfilled by 3rd party sellers

the PRV situation is making me really want to use my Xtant 603 on them. That would get 150 to each channel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.