door trigger isolation

Participant count
  • Participant list

desitdt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey there i have a 2000 ford explorer and im trying to isolate the door triggers for the alarm activation.

I have followed these steps but it still does not work:

The BCM is to the left of the radio. Remove the radio and then the two 8mm screws. The dash snaps right off. You can get lights and all triggers right there. I don't like the double diode isolation. I isolate all 5 triggers and then use a relay to trigger the alarm.

5 triggers to 85

fused 12v to 86

Ground 87

87a not used

30 to green wire on the alarm

Ive wired everything this way but it doesnt make sence.

so when any of the door triggers pulls to ground, the relay contact closes and the alarm wire is pulled to ground. that is how it's wired.

can you hear the relay click when you open the door? are you sure the doors are negative trigger?

are you sure the alarm wire you connected wants to see ground. some alarms can have positive or negative trigger doors, and some have separate wires for each one.

Resistors don't have polarity so you can't wire them backwards. Is resistors a typo? Did you mean the relay coil? That doesn't have polarity either. The door triggers may or may not have polarity depending on the trigger. Negative trigger switches just have one wire connection since the housing is grounded to the car body. Positive triggers have two connections that are isolated from the chassis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.