Stereo Trouble Shooting HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a DUAL XHD7714 (I know that's part of the problem) that has a dimming issue on the screen and loss in speaker sound. It worked fine at high volume levels (46) before I installed a KENWOOD KAC 9102D with Sony Xplod Subs 1200w 12's. Now sometimes it works okay then at times the screen on the stereo will dim and at times go blank with loss of speaker sound only with the 4 door speakers not the subs. I've disconectted the amps power and the fuse to my battery and it the stereo will still loose its display. I just want some okay sounds for now til I replace my system entirely but does anyone have any idea what my problem could be?

I recently added a Phoneix 1.5 farad capacitor that I thought might help. NOPE!!!

Any suggestions would help... If you need more info, please let me know...

Thanks for your help if you reply...

voltage drop.

that's your problem. most likely, it can be traced to wiring issues, a weak battery, or a weak alternator.

does the dimming issue go away when you increase engine RPM above 2000?

measure voltage. pick up one of those plug-in cigarette lighter volt meters and keep an eye on voltage. anything below 12V while the car is running means turn it down and have your electrical system inspected by someone who knows what they are doing.

an autoparts store will load test your battery and alternator for free. be sure to do that soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.