Door speaker Pods vs Standard door speaker install?

Roland
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Atlanta
I've never heard door speakers in sealed pods, so i"m curious as to their Pros and Cons compared to a well sealed door with CLD, CCF and MLV.

I like the idea of getting the woofers speakers 6.5" angled better, and out from behind the factory door speaker cover. I tend to rest my leg over the factory speaker cover cutout. So i'm considering Pods.

1 Do pods decrease or increase speaker volume or bass output?

2 Do do they eliminate the need for deadening the door as much? (No need for MLV?)

Thanks for any insight.

It really depends. There could be some benefit there by going pods if you angle and tune them perfectly.

With pods, you have to make sure your speakers have proper airspace or your going to loose output the lower in frequency you go. Of course you could vent the pod into the door....

If you could build a pod with proper airspace and angling, I'd say go for it.

On the other hand, treat your doors and they work well.

Thanks,

I emailed Rockford Fosgate, they said T-5s 6.5" woofer needs 2-2.5 cubic feet. My orginal thought was a smaller pod but it would have to be vented to the door. I imagine a 2.5 sealed would sound better. I'll have to figure out how i can get that much space.

Take a look at a 1 cu ft subwoofer box and then consider that a small door can have an internal volume of 1.5 cu ft +. Did you ask RF about putting those woofers into sealed pods or did you just ask how much volume they need?

Take a look at a 1 cu ft subwoofer box and then consider that a small door can have an internal volume of 1.5 cu ft +. Did you ask RF about putting those woofers into sealed pods or did you just ask how much volume they need?
Thanks for that info,

I asked for the "seal box size?"

I do know that Steve Meade has his in sealed pods.

.25cu ft is 430cu inch is pretty big, as i look at my doors now i draw a blank on getting that much volume And make it look right. i'll play around this weekend to see if i can come up with something.

have you thought about kickpanels, that's a better location if it works for your vehicle.
No, i can't see that working in my Mini van (Honda Odyssey) but ill look at it again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.