Door pods for Mazda6i07

i think it would look good with some type of vinyl.. carpet will look ok on the kicks but on the door thats leather/vinyl it doesnt look to appealing. everything else looked awsome though. I wish I knew how to fiberglass..

if you spent 35 for resin and 20 for mat you got f u c k e d;) i could sell you the same product for 24.10 thats a quart glass and a yard of mat, where do you shop:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

20 hours of labor gzzzz they should look like a million bucks what happened?

Ok, check this out.
I did this job for $150, including materials.

I wasn't about to go spend even more money on bondo.

$35 for resin

$20 worth of mat

$5 for dowels/glue/MDF

$10 for carpet and adhesive

And 20+ hours worth of labor.

For that, no one can complain.

those need way more work to wrap in vinyl

i think it would look good with some type of vinyl.. carpet will look ok on the kicks but on the door thats leather/vinyl it doesnt look to appealing. everything else looked awsome though. I wish I knew how to fiberglass..

if you spent 35 for resin and 20 for mat you got f u c k e d;) i could sell you the same product for 24.10 thats a quart glass and a yard of mat, where do you shop:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
20 hours of labor gzzzz they should look like a million bucks what happened?
I used close to a gallon of resin and 2 packs of mat. Wanted those fkers to be solid. If I only used a quart, they would flex like crazy.

There was a lot of work to make those things fit. You have no idea.

I'll be making a few boxes this weekend. You'll see some nice fabrication //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

glassing does get expensivebut once the mold is done all it is is time...nothing hard after gettin the mold done....just LOTS AND LOTS of sanding which you obviously slacked on but good job other than that.

I used close to a gallon of resin and 2 packs of mat. Wanted those fkers to be solid. If I only used a quart, they would flex like crazy.
There was a lot of work to make those things fit. You have no idea.

I'll be making a few boxes this weekend. You'll see some nice fabrication //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

i didnt even use that much on my rear deck, resin doesnt = strenght, u only have to wet out the mat with resin and that provides the strenght........

If you want to see a pain in the ass, you should have seen the doors on my van. Fitting 10s in the doors without cutting the metal out of the door, then fitting 2 10s, 2 6s, 1 8, and 3 tweeters and wrapping seamlesly in vinyl.

Now that was rough.

x2

you need to learn how to use the product. fyi woven matting is much stronger with less layers.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
i didnt even use that much on my rear deck, resin doesnt = strenght, u only have to wet out the mat with resin and that provides the strenght........

Good lord................................................
nG
lawl. still the same NG.

i think your mids a bit bit overkill up front, a bit obtrusive maybe, i cant really comment as i have huge pods. needs some finishing touches or something...

Ok, check this out.
I did this job for $150, including materials.

I wasn't about to go spend even more money on bondo.

$35 for resin

$20 worth of mat

$5 for dowels/glue/MDF

$10 for carpet and adhesive

And 20+ hours worth of labor.

For that, no one can complain.
LMAO... Yah I wouldn't have touched it.

Maybe $150 + Materials...

The driver side just looks horrendous, I don't care about aiming... it's ugly. (Not the craftsmanship, the angle).

The build itself is solid.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.