Door Panel Vibration

cyberyaga

NY
Hi... This is my first post here...

I have an issue with my car. I have a 99 Eclipse in very good condition.

I changed the sound system, installed infinity Kappa Speakers, a nice amp and a sub in the back (I like good sound, I'm not the super big bass in the back/provide music for the town guy). The system sounds great, with one BIG PROBLEM.

I HATE vibrations... I want clean undistorted sound from my speakers. And they are providing that. But the plastic Door panels now are behaving like the annoying person that likes to sing outloud to a song, when they can't sign at all.

My plastic door panels are vibrating on certain frequencies (generally in the human voice range).

I need something that will make the plastic less prone to vibrating. I have made sure that all panel fasteners are holding the panel (I even replaced a few). And ALL screws are in place.

I know is the panel and not the speaker, because the vibrating stops when I apply a little bit of preasure to the panel.

I bought a dynamat door kit, and applyied it to the plastic cover, but still no good.

And this is what I was looking to get some help in:

Im looking for something mainly in liquid form that can be applyed freely to the plastic panel and have it dry out. Something that when dry will have the consistency of rubber (to absorb the vibrations). I was thinking in the lines of Rubber Cement and apply it in layers, but I'm affraid that I'll be driving in a constant HIGH in the summer days when it gets hot.

I basically want to make the plastic material, not vibrate.

Thanks for your help in advance.

apply deadener to both door and back of door panel so there is no metal on metal or plastic on plastic. if you want a cheap fix , look into lowes or home depot for peel and seal. 15 bucks a roll.

http://www.raamat.com check out there how 2 section and by a roll of bxt. apply to designated areas that are vibrating, and use the rest on the rest of your doors,trunk,roof,floor but doors first. it will keep the sound inside your car and dampen the vibrations. but read his site theres some good infromation there

Thanks everyone for your help...

This is what I ended up doing. I went to the Home Depot. I found the stick and peel foam Thing. But next to it I saw this can of "Great Stuff" (A gap sealer. And It really is great stuff).

I bought 2 cans of "Great Stuff" for windows and doors, which dryes like a soft foam. The others dry as a hard material.

The cans cost $6. 1 Can per door panel. I filled in the entire panel, and let it set for 2 hours. I then trimmed whatever portion that had over inflated. Which left me with a perfectly filled door panel.

I got this idea from a documentary I saw on the Ford GT40 (Beautifull car). Ford fills in the door panels of the car with a material that's the same or similar to this.

Now, my car door is solid. No distortions from the panels, and it even killed the some road noise.

This was a good thing I found that material. Again thanks for helping me and giving me ideas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i need to do something similiar, i have a shitload of raamat and ensolite on the metal parts of my door but the plastic panel still buzzes at certain vocal frequencies.

Try what I did... Its cheap and effective.

I was actually surprise it turned out that well. If you are going to go the same route as me. Make sure you grab the right can. The one for Windows and doors.

It drys as soft foam.

my door skins have expanding foam, some edead v1se2 and polyfil in them.

IMG_2357.jpg

looks like a mess but it worked! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have to do the same. when my subs hit my passenger front door rattles like ****. i dont have any thing but to pioneer 12s..... blah.
real systems have(or should i say had.... before fixed) rattles from mid-bass, not just from subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

http://www.raamat.com check out there how 2 section and by a roll of bxt. apply to designated areas that are vibrating, and use the rest on the rest of your doors,trunk,roof,floor but doors first. it will keep the sound inside your car and dampen the vibrations. but read his site theres some good infromation there
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.