Don't believe web sites on speaker size

hagerg

FL
I went to numerous websites re correct speaker size for 1991 Accord EX. There was a "consensus" that the rears were 6.5" and the front door 5.25 in. I purchased Polk's based on this info and was shocked to see speakers in door were 4". I should have pulled the rear speakers to look at them as this takes only 5 minutes but didn't bother based on info given by Crutchfield, Polk Audio and other sites. I am now gonna have to pay shipping and wait for return auth to get correct speakers. A local dealer has infinity 4012i reference on sale for 39.95. How would they compare to the Polk 4" speakers? Are infinity's ok for the $? Thanks for all replies.

^ exactly. many web sites state the front speaker top mounting depth in my car, for example, is around 2.25 inches. I can put a speaker with a top mounting depth of well over 4" with the use of a spacer since there is considerable room between the factory speaker and door panel/grille. At least all the sites I've checked do have the proper sizes listed.

exactly... you buy the speakers you like/want, not the ones that fit...
why would you want 4inch speakers in the front anyway?
maybe you have this problem that allows you not to think with common sense.....But just so you realize, I will spell out WHY exactly someone may want 4 inch speakers up front.

See not all people care that they dont have an "audiophile setup" but just want a cleaner sound or louder setup than stock. Not only this, but maybe he doesn't want to CUT HIS CAR to fit any bigger. I know its a hard idea to grasp, as you dont have any problems cutting up your 1978 station wagons. Fact of the matter is, he probably didnt want to.

Sorry guys I don't plan on spending $1,500 on a stereo system for an older car. While I like good tunes and my tunes to sound good, I have 3 kids in college that I'm trying to help. Thanks for the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.