Does this sound like a legit upgrade package?

Good deck choice, I was actually heckling you when you had that 2600 model listed and was thinking “wait! no love for cd’s?”

like that you went three way instead of cramming bullshit3.5’s in that dash Spot. Hopefully the distribution of midbass to that speaker isn’t so much that it rattles your front panel. If so I’m sure some sound treatment can fix it. Also 600 wattson deck for that sub is rad.

hope you’ll make a video and let us hear how it sounds.

Good deck choice, I was actually heckling you when you had that 2600 model listed and was thinking “wait! no love for cd’s?”

like that you went three way instead of cramming bullshit3.5’s in that dash Spot. Hopefully the distribution of midbass to that speaker isn’t so much that it rattles your front panel. If so I’m sure some sound treatment can fix it. Also 600 wattson deck for that sub is rad.

hope you’ll make a video and let us hear how it sounds.

I'm glad I seem to have avoided your concern about the original dash speaker replacement, because I obviously didnt understand that one.

When this guy installs my system he told me hes going to give me an explanation about how the amp works, how power is routed and where. I couldnt get that far in my research to learn about amps very much.

Also, gotta have the CD, I dont know where I dropped the ball on that one. I dont think I ever processed that the 2600 didnt have DVD until I was on the Pioneer website.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of house power should be distributed with this configuration.

Would anything at all be running off the radio? Would all speakers be powered by the amp? Is there a certain distribution between the sub and the front package? Am I asking the right questions here?

I would amp the front speakers and run the rear ones off the deck. Assuming the deck has the option to turn the speakers on and off If you have rear passengers. You could also just use the fader and fade all the speakers to the front, then as a courtesy fade a little to the back. If passengers aren’t important enough to give music to, eliminate those back speakers completely.

I would amp the front speakers and run the rear ones off the deck. Assuming the deck has the option to turn the speakers on and off If you have rear passengers. You could also just use the fader and fade all the speakers to the front, then as a courtesy fade a little to the back. If passengers aren’t important enough to give music to, eliminate those back speakers completely.

The plan is to disconnect the back speakers. The people who are riding in the back do not exist, except a dog sometimes. I would even give up floor room on one side for the sub, but I dont think it would fit anyways I dont know if stuff like that would add or subtract from the soundscape, I'll consult with the pro about that issue.

Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of house power should be distributed with this configuration.

Would anything at all be running off the radio? Would all speakers be powered by the amp? Is there a certain distribution between the sub and the front package? Am I asking the right questions here?
Crossover will do all the distribution work on the fronts, run rears on hu if you can turn those off on the hu. If you can’t turn em off on the hu leave me disconnected.

bridge the four channel amp and send that power to the three way set. Set gains conservatively

The plan is to disconnect the back speakers. The people who are riding in the back do not exist, except a dog sometimes. I would even give up floor room on one side for the sub, but I dont think it would fit anyways I dont know if stuff like that would add or subtract from the soundscape, I'll consult with the pro about that issue.
Keep the sub in the back, you’ll benefit from it firing off that back hatch then to you. Ask you installer to soundtreat your rear hatch door.

Hi folks, just an update, my system was installed yesterday. Very clean install, no buzzing or rattling anywhere.

The only real issue is a non-issue sort of, but when the bass is really thumping, over time my rearview mirror can get moved out of place. Theres probably a solution for that, but I dont want to lock the mirror in place in case someone else has to drive my car.

Anyways, I dont remember all the model #s (they're in my last post here on the build), but:

HU: Pioneer 2500
Front/Dash: Sony 3-Way
Rear: Disconnected
Amp: Diamond
Sub: Diamond

The business I dealt with was called Unparalleled Audio in Sterling, VA, and I would recommend him to anyone in my area who is not going the DIY route. His product markups were very fair, his labor was fair, he has access to many brands, and he is loaded with knowledge on the subject, and able to break it down so a non-expert can understand.

Oh and it sounds great. It can pump well more bass then I prefer personally, has a cool bass knob to adjust without having to navigate to the EQ. Even when bass is very loud, the mids and highs are not distorted and clear.

It's really just the kind of upgrade i was looking for, with more bass than I need, and I thank all of you who gave me advice on products and configuration.

I'll take an audio sample next time I'm somewhere I can blast it and share, though I highly doubt my cheap smartphone could capture the sound accurately.

Yes, do away with the 3.5 in the dash. Mount your tweeter from your comp set in its place or have him put it in the sail panel or a pillar. Do away with the rear door speakers, save your money and who cares what your back seaters hear!!! Moving that tweeter higher up than the bottom of the door(coax) will significantly help your front stage. You can get an amazing sound with a comp set up front with plenty of power and a decent sub set up. If, in the future, you decide you want a little rear fill buy some coax and run them off your deck.

Crap, looks like I was late to the party!!! Glad you're enjoying it!!! Post some pics of the install!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.