Does RCA brand matters?

rca wont fix whine, they can help, you have problems elsewhere, hu ground, maybe amp ground, power wires too close to rca, etc.
how can I fix my hu ground? I got the plugs from circuit city so a plug goes on my factory harness then another plug to radio...so its grounded like that right? or am I missing something? its a eclipse radio

explain please
I've had 3 of them rip and another pair pull the ground shield out of my 100.2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

All 3 have had the piece that either connects into the amp or into the cd player rip right off.

All 3 have had the piece that either connects into the amp or into the cd player rip right off.
Weird. I used their lowest line(Krystal) cables that were maybe $8 each when I bought them, plugged and unplugged them on numerous occasions, and never had one issue...maybe you're too rough with them? Do you pull by the cable, or do you grab the connector?

Weird. I used their lowest line(Krystal) cables that were maybe $8 each when I bought them, plugged and unplugged them on numerous occasions, and never had one issue...maybe you're too rough with them? Do you pull by the cable, or do you grab the connector?
The ones that were giving me trouble were the Karma SS. I've pulled out rcas from amps/cd players hundreds of times over the years and these are the only ones I've had issues with. Like many other people I've had the best luck with cheap rcas for some reason. And when the knuz ripped the ground out of my 100.2 Jacob recommended scosche rcas to me and they've been great. But it's very possible that one of those times I pulled on the cable instead of the connector. For example, one time I was pulling the cd player out to swap another one in and I had the wires all tied together behind the dash and when I pulled them towards me the knuz ripped immediately....and I HONESTLY did not put much tension at all on them. I'm sure the other level knuz are fine but for some reason I've had issues with the karmas...maybe it was karma?

And the only reason I even went through 4 of them was because I bought them all at once and had them lying around.

monoprice.com premium cables = cheap AND good quality.

I had some stinger's that were complete crap. The 2 wires shared the same ****ing ground...i made a thread about it. It caused me weeks of headache trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally realised that if the rca's were plugged in with the side that had the shields connected together into my HU, then no noise...but with that side of the rca's plugged into the amp, the ground travelled all the way up one side of the rca's and down the other side = noise. When i replaced the stinger's (HYPER series, blue) i tested the resistance on them vs. the monoprice. I got 25 foot RCA's from monoprice and their resistance was HALF that of the 17 foot stinger's I had. Replacing the stinger's with the new monoprice cables DID make a large difference in volume and clarity. All 3 of my stinger cables had the same ****ed up 'shared' grounding crap. I paid the same price for 3 monoprice.com 25 footers as for 2 of my 17 foot stinger's.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383451&highlight=stinger

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.