Does RCA brand matters?

Unless you want to throw some money away on looks, might as well stick with those. I got two pairs of the wal mart ones on my 4 channel, and a monster one for the subs. Doubt you will notice any difference unless the cable has been damaged or something.

not really, i just buy cheap ones that look nice, although I wouldnt advise getting the cheap ass ones that look like 16 gauge speaker wire with rcas on the ends, you want to have some sheilding if possible

The only reason I would spend more on RCA's would be to buy a set with all metal plugs.

The molded plugs the cheaper sets use tend to come apart if you plug/unplug them a lot.

Blue Jeans Cable FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Brand name doesn't always equate to "high quality", either. I had a set of Phoenix Gold interconnects that were probably the worst ones I've ever used. Walmart ones would have been better, they had a soldering job that looked like it was done by a 1-year old chimp and absolutely no strain relief or heat shrink on the connectors. I didn't even save the connectors when I took them apart, they were pitiful.

Durability 90%, appearance 9%...all the other marketing stuff 1%. That's about the way I see it.

Every company markets some sort of "noise rejection" with their higher priced cables, but if your $10 walmart cables are noise free -- what's the point?

My 17' soundquest CRCA's (UTP) were $7 each -- noise free.

my favorite ones that are not the make them yourself type are the radio shack premiums. The have durable ends and good shielding. I bought other types and picked up some noise but went back to the shack and it was all better.

Blue Jeans Cable FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Those arent cheap enough to use in a full car setup for most people.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I am using memphis 4 ch. rca's and I get alt whine...think some betterrca's wud fix it? I've switched my amps out and still gt it...or cud it be my radio? its kinda old...

I am using memphis 4 ch. rca's and I get alt whine...think some betterrca's wud fix it? I've switched my amps out and still gt it...or cud it be my radio? its kinda old...
rca wont fix whine, they can help, you have problems elsewhere, hu ground, maybe amp ground, power wires too close to rca, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.