Does My HU give enough??

Participant count
  • Participant list
If amping them externally is an option almost always going that way will yield more satisfying results //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

haha
was that sarcasm about the sony?

I have a 100x4 lying around here, it'll go in tommorow
I can't answer the first bit but here's the deal about using HU internal power vs. outboard amplification...

The majority of HUs will give you 20 watts or so per channel of unclipped wattage to power speakers with.

Most decent to good coaxials or components sets are going to want considerably more wattage to perform their best.

And that's pretty much it, I reckon. Given a choice which sounds the better route to you?

I can't answer the first bit but here's the deal about using HU internal power vs. outboard amplification...
The majority of HUs will give you 20 watts or so per channel of unclipped wattage to power speakers with.

Most decent to good coaxials or components sets are going to want considerably more wattage to perform their best.

And that's pretty much it, I reckon. Given a choice which sounds the better route to you?
Obviously I want the best sound possible from my speakers, I've heard alot of good things about them and id like to give them the recommended amount of power to see what they can do. I have the amplifier, the cables, and the time.

Obviously I want the best sound possible from my speakers, I've heard alot of good things about them and id like to give them the recommended amount of power to see what they can do. I have the amplifier, the cables, and the time.
That bit I have made boldface pretty much brings an end to this thread, in my humble opinion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.