Does anyone build Custom boxes and ship?

thanks for all the freindly info and direction guys ive gotten ahold of a few builders on here includeing buck...not meaning to go to far off topic on this thread but ive always been i guess what you could call mainstream when it comes to audio (subs) in general..ive always used kicker subs for the most part since the mid 90's and have only recently discovered these independent/private sub makers like Sundown,AQ ect. i have yet to actually hear or even see any of them in person doing alot of forum reading and talking to a few freinds long distance im gonna take a chance and try one of these brands (Sundown SA 12's) to be exact. after buying my last kicker Solo classic dual 12's already mounted in the kicker made sealed box model only 2 months ago(new) ive been kinda disapointed with the performance speicaly the low end bass extensions @ decently high volumes seems to loose its depth in bass rather quickly maybe because its sealed? but my question is are these private/independent brands truly better than the big mainstream brands like kicker,earthquake,infinity,rockford, jl audio ect. when it comes to performance,durability and quality. thanks guys

Nope. Nobody does that... it's not like... the very first section of the forum or anything either. Did you even TRY to find this out before starting a topic?

EDIT: Sorry to be an ass, but it had to be said. You've been a good sport thus far.

And yes, most of these subs are better than any of the brands you listed. Some of them still have their purposes. JL makes some pretty good SQ subs, that just cost way too much money. Kicker has the Solo X which is a great SPL sub, just way too pricey.

These companies interact on a level with the customers to find out exactly what the customers want, and bring them that. Something those big advertising companies haven't been able to do for a very long time.

[quote name='InFaMoUs119']who would you recommend decently priced? thanks for the reply btw.[/QUOTE]

@jeremyg1 and @pro\-rabbit are the first two to come to mind. There are many more on the forum.

i did browse around for a bit be4 hand and as you can see my account was just made yesterday until that ive never been on this site Ever. no1 eles has commented a bit negative and there has been quite a few replys from different people ive found a few builders im talking to because of the replys. its all good So Chill oUt.

Nope. Nobody does that... it's not like... the very first section of the forum or anything either. Did you even TRY to find this out before starting a topic?

The Solo Classics are supposed to be in small sealed enclosures. They're made like the first solos Kicker put out. I'm sure the SA's will do you better than the Kickers in terms of hitting the low lows. I don't hate Kicker or JL or any other mainstream brand. They're just too expensive. There's too many underground companies that do a far better job for a lot less money. Sundown being one of them. You should also check out Skar. Kevin[USER=627113]@SkarAudio[/USER].com is the guy for that. He's got a good deal going. 389.99 for 2 12's with enclosure. Can't beat that with a stick.

Op go with 2 12s. Trust me. My 1 15 was in 3.5 cubes and it was a mf to get in and took up 80% of the trunk. Our cars have small @$$ openings. If ya have any questions or need help with your car let me know

Welcome to the forum. I have 2 sa 12's, and IMO they are one of the best subs out for under $200. Do not let the 600 rms rating fool you they can take much more, and in the right enclosure a ton more. What amp will you be using?

thanks for all the freindly info and direction guys ive gotten ahold of a few builders on here includeing buck...not meaning to go to far off topic on this thread but ive always been i guess what you could call mainstream when it comes to audio (subs) in general..ive always used kicker subs for the most part since the mid 90's and have only recently discovered these independent/private sub makers like Sundown,AQ ect. i have yet to actually hear or even see any of them in person doing alot of forum reading and talking to a few freinds long distance im gonna take a chance and try one of these brands (Sundown SA 12's) to be exact. after buying my last kicker Solo classic dual 12's already mounted in the kicker made sealed box model only 2 months ago(new) ive been kinda disapointed with the performance speicaly the low end bass extensions @ decently high volumes seems to loose its depth in bass rather quickly maybe because its sealed? but my question is are these private/independent brands truly better than the big mainstream brands like kicker,earthquake,infinity,rockford, jl audio ect. when it comes to performance,durability and quality. thanks guys
For the most part JL, Kicker, MTX, etc., haven't done anything new in over a decade and are mostly riding the reputations they built in the 90's. The smaller guys with something to prove are the ones pushing the envelope.

ill be using my current amp that i was running the dual 12" solo classics on which is a hi-fonics brutas 1,200.1D @ 1ohm true watts..its only a month old or so.

jeremyg1 and i were going over box designs tried the first with a cardboard sub box made to measurements and it wont fit! so we have to go a bit smaller which that design was already giving 1.80cu ft per sub and a 29hz tune... the trunk opening on my car is so small!! measurements were 15tall,35wide,18deep and it would not even attempt to get in.

new hi-fonics brutas 1,200.1D @1ohm (true watts) i was using it on my 12' solo classics....someone on youtube was saying 12" kicker l7's have nothing on sa 12's if thats true thats a huge price difference...

Welcome to the forum. I have 2 sa 12's, and IMO they are one of the best subs out for under $200. Do not let the 600 rms rating fool you they can take much more, and in the right enclosure a ton more. What amp will you be using?

i remember when i had everything installed the installer was like *man those seats were a pain in the @ss to get out and back in* lol i do have fold down back seats but its not quite tall or wide enough with them both down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.