Does a port really make that big of a difference???

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

I am considering porting my 2 15L7s instead of the sealed box they are in now. Right now I have them both in one sealed 4.5FT^3 box. It will pound darn well and it hurts in the chest. However, I am wondering if I should port them in a larger box. I do not always listen to rap; I sometimes listen to rock and other music without a lot of bass and I do not want my sound quality to go right down the drain. So if I make a ported box #1 Will I notice a huge, worthwhile difference in the amount of bass and #2 How hard of a hit will my sound quality take? Thx you to whoever can offer help.

I dont really know, but id like to find out. I heard with a port, you can stop your trunk from rattling. If you tune to the right frequency. I havent tried it, and probably not going to, but it's a thought.

The ports would likely aid you more for the Rap and Heavy Bass songs, however, outsde of thier port tuning frequency, sound is kinda dull. A sealed enlcosure offers more of a flat response which is desireable for SQ.- In that effect it would benefit you more so with your more musical listening. However, with a ported enclosure tuned to the right frequency, you would notice a considerable increase in eficiency and output- thus more so beneficial for your Rap and Bass listening.

take it easy,

-zane

Yep what he said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Proper tuning is key. A ported enclosure is also going to be larger that a sealed. So space is another concern when thinking about going ported.

ramos

Former SPL'ER Trying SQ

hmmmm?

Former SPL'ER Trying SQ huh?

Could we be on to something here?

SQPL!!!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

take it easy,

-zane

SSHHH!!! Don't be given away my secrets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.