Does 1 Hertz equal 2 Pioneers

Zoko

CarAudio.com Newbie
KCMO
Hello,
I am doing some research to upgrade/replace my dying subwoofers. I have been running 2 pioneer low profile 10"s in my f150 supercrew cab. Unfortunately they are starting to crackle and I think the cones are starting to separate from the driver. So I am considering the Hertz Mille Pro shallow 10, but the cost begs the question: Would one 500w rms Hertz give me better punch and sound levels that my old 2 pioneers. So if anyone out there has experience with these subs, please drop your knowledge my way.
Thank you.

I should add, I listen to mostly rap music and I enjoy feeling the bass in my chest and as such, I have probably stressed these pioneers to their limit more than a few times.
And my current system is:
HU: Alpine ILX-W650 with Alpine KTA-450
Front Doors: JBL Stadium GTO860C with GTO20M 3 Way upgrade
Rear Doors: JBL Stadium GTO860
Subs: 2 Pioneer TS-SWX2502
Sub Amp: Autotech MMR1500.1

Last edited:
You're probably better off with just the two pioneers for the money. You have 2 major issues fighting you here, one being "space makes bass" which you just don't have without giving up your back seats, and two "there's no replacement for displacement" and you just don't get a lot of air moved from small cone shallow mount woofers and you don't have space to run more cone area.

I wouldn't get carried away spending a pile of money to try to get a "premium" low profile subwoofer. Even the best of the best are simply too limited by the very design and intended application.

You might have a look over to PartsExpress. Sometimes the DIY brands like Dayton or Tang Band have shallow mount options that may be even better bang for the buck than Pioneer/Kenwood type brands.

You're probably better off with just the two pioneers for the money. You have 2 major issues fighting you here, one being "space makes bass" which you just don't have without giving up your back seats, and two "there's no replacement for displacement" and you just don't get a lot of air moved from small cone shallow mount woofers and you don't have space to run more cone area.

I wouldn't get carried away spending a pile of money to try to get a "premium" low profile subwoofer. Even the best of the best are simply too limited by the very design and intended application.

You might have a look over to PartsExpress. Sometimes the DIY brands like Dayton or Tang Band have shallow mount options that may be even better bang for the buck than Pioneer/Kenwood type brands.

I'd look at the new alpine type r shallows they are low fs and high excursion similar to the jltw5 design but neo instead of ferrite.

Hello,
I am doing some research to upgrade/replace my dying subwoofers. I have been running 2 pioneer low profile 10"s in my f150 supercrew cab. Unfortunately they are starting to crackle and I think the cones are starting to separate from the driver. So I am considering the Hertz Mille Pro shallow 10, but the cost begs the question: Would one 500w rms Hertz give me better punch and sound levels that my old 2 pioneers. So if anyone out there has experience with these subs, please drop your knowledge my way.
Thank you.

I should add, I listen to mostly rap music and I enjoy feeling the bass in my chest and as such, I have probably stressed these pioneers to their limit more than a few times.
What year f150?

Hello,
Thank you.

The JL shallow subwoofer is the best shallow sub that I've ever heard. A little pricey but good.

Hello,
Thank you.

Are you sure you spelt that Brand correctly and model #of the Sub amp?? Im not finding it. To see if its 1 ohm or 2 ohm stable

You may also consider running a shallow mount ported if it can handle it. Some can some can't.

That autotek amp isn't doing you any favors but if it works it works.

Sundown has the sd4 line and another new line about to launch that is shallow but I'd still say the JL tw5 and alpine r2 shallow mounts are likely the best on the market. Audiomobile makes a shallowish sub that excels in small boxes as well.

Best bang for your buck I would say Dayton HO 10s or 12s. They work well in smaller enclosures, and they are pretty good sounding subs as well

Matt

Are you sure you spelt that Brand correctly and model #of the Sub amp?? Im not finding it. To see if its 1 ohm or 2 ohm stable
I misread the font on the amp. It's a MMA1500.1
It is 2 ohm stable at 750 watts.

Last edited:
You may also consider running a shallow mount ported if it can handle it. Some can some can't.

That autotek amp isn't doing you any favors but if it works it works.

Sundown has the sd4 line and another new line about to launch that is shallow but I'd still say the JL tw5 and alpine r2 shallow mounts are likely the best on the market. Audiomobile makes a shallowish sub that excels in small boxes as well.

The jl tw5 are too big unfortunately at 13.5 inch. I only have 13x55x5 total box size to work with at best. I might be able to go 6 inches deep but I'd have to remove my foor protectors.

The jl tw5 are too big unfortunately at 13.5 inch. I only have 13x55x5 total box size to work with at best. I might be able to go 6 inches deep but I'd have to remove my foor protectors.

Do they not make the 12tw5 anymore? That airspace would be perfect for a 12tw5 or the new alpine r2 10 shallow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...