Do you think its safe to run this amp at 1 ohm?

Define electrical? As in the wiring i have going from the battery-amp-sub. Or do you mean alternator the big 3(which i havnt done)
Run good 4 gauge cca or ofc (preferably imo) wire from batt to amp. Knu Koncept has good kits. Are you running just the one amp?

Run good 4 gauge cca or ofc (preferably imo) wire from batt to amp. Knu Koncept has good kits. Are you running just the one amp?
you will be fine to run the amp at 1 ohm with stock alt, like said above just get good 4ga, or just go ahead and run 1/0. You should be able to run that amp with out doing the big 3, but i would go ahead and do it to help out.

i have ran bigger amps on stock alt before without issues

Do the big 3 with 1/0. Use 0 gauge even for the amp run, just trim it down to size and make it fit in the 4 gauge power and ground terminal. You'll most likely upgrade in the far/near future if you get addicted to bass. You'll kick yourself in the nuts in the future for not using 0 gauge in the first place.

Well actually currently i have.

hertz energy component set, powered by a sundown 150.4 4awg running to that.

Then the cerwin that i have running 2 ohms to two kenwood 450 rms subs. 6 awg running to that.

Honestly ridiculous that i have more power to my mids and highs than i do to my subs. Hence why im changing things up abit.

So from the advice im getting here is if im running 1ohm, i should upgrade my power to my amp to 4awg.

one ohm will be great for that sub - and definately upgrade your power wire to larger than 6 guage lol.

amps are so cheap now adays in the 2000 and under rms values

and id bet you start searching around eventually for a bigger / better subwoofer amp

i change out gear pretty often just for fun sometimes

It says 1ohm stable, what's the problem here? I don't get it.
There's not one.

Step up to 4 awg.

Blast away.

Or, to save some time and money, swap the 6 awg to the SD and the 4 to the CV -- you're covered.

There will probably be some people that want to call me names for suggesting 6 awg for the 4 ch, but they're dumb. It is adequate.

I've ran a crescendo 3.5k on a stock 120 alt with just the big 3, optima yellow top and xs 3400 in the rear and didn't dip below 13 lol. by no means do I recommend that but you'll be fine with that amp on your stock alt and just do the big 3, it will help big time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.