Old Fosgate VS NEW

Participant count
  • Participant list

frank0785

My fabricator is installing a trunk enclosure in my 73 convertible mustang with limited trunk space. He is recommending that instead of using my older T8004 and T5002 amps that I have from my SUV that I use new power amps due to being smaller, better cooling and room to be more creative with the acrylic in the subflooring. I also have 2 t1’s metal cone old style. He says we should go with one newer 12.

Then what do I do with my old stuff. Is he on the right track or is this BS.

t5002 on T1'S T8004 on old components but trying to figure out something for the 73 vert. Trying to find a place for components in the rear. Installer said I should just go with 2 T3 6.5 components in the front and forget the back. Instead of going with 4 cheaper components.

sounds like he is trying to sell you on new equipment. i have alwas been far from a rockford fanatic, however, the ones you have are typically far underrated. i had one of the t5001's (bd-t5001, iirc) like yours, but first release, and it actually clamped nearly 1100rms, and pretty darn efficient. just look at the fusing (3x40a) or yours may have the single 125? or 100, but i bet the birthsheet is over 1k rms. i'd imagine the 8004 is similar, and you have lots of headroom for the mids. he is right on the matter of size, though. that 4ch is huge, and the 5001 is no petite either, but reasonable size for the power. i say do much more research, i've seen a lot more of the newer rf amps come across the bench, or in sheds just cooked. if you want to save space, look around at replacing that 800 first, and components or coaxials that match the power range you can supply. i would go with 4 nice sounding ones, over 2 power hungry door speakers, and they wouldn't be rockford, either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.