Do You Guys Upgrade Rear Speakers?

I upgraded mines. Many will say you don't actually need them. However, I like the option of being able to use the fade control to send my music to the rear speakers if I so desire.
You should get a lot of opinions on this thread.

Some people some don't. Mine right now are hooked up to the 4 channel amplifier but that is going to change once I get my Alpine tweeters and Silverflutes installed in the next couple of weeks. Then I will just run them off the head unit. I upgrade mine because there is usually someone else sitting in the back and they want to hear it as well.

Anyone that thinks rears are good are just ignorant due to lack of experience of a properly done sound stage and active setup. Not really their fault that they never heard better than average joe setups vs competitive level setups and ignorance is bliss i guess.

Agreed tbh if I didn't have guests in the rear seats I would just leave them alone. At this point it is for them and not me.
But if your front door setup is loud enough to be heard several football fields away, theres no reason guests wouldn't hear it. You just probably want to put on some ear plugs since your ears would tap out faster than theirs. Unless its like a 3 row seat car, i really dont see this as an issue tbh.

But if your front door setup is loud enough to be heard several football fields away, theres no reason guests wouldn't hear it. You just probably want to put on some ear plugs since your ears would tap out faster than theirs. Unless its like a 3 row seat car, i really dont see this as an issue tbh.
So I'm upgrading my fronts pretty soon, to get rid of my rears do I just fade it all the way forward?

Get a good digital signal processor and it will have all the adjustability tuning fading features that you need trust me going active will be the best

Yep I know jeff but the one passenger who happens to ride back there is a 8 year old who happens to be deaf in both ears. Last time I had them all to the front when he was in he couldn't hear any of the music until I put the fade back to 50-50 with the front. So when he is in the car I try to let him listen to what he wants since he is usually sitting right next to the door. I also don't want to go all front and loud because then it hurts his hearing aids. But with them in he hears better of course when sounds are closer. Otherwise yes i am in agreement with you on everything you posted.

I put some old eclipse 6x8’s in the rear of my truck but that is for my kiddos only. I removed them in my Mustang and don’t run them in our 4Runner. You really have to know what you are doing to have rear speakers incorporated without diminishing your soundstage

I am just going to run these off of the head unit when I redo the setup whenever the tweeters show up. Otherwise I would leave them out but for him I am leaving a set in and then will put it to the rear for him.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.