Do you guys do your own oil changes?

20 bucks and a 15 minute job. and it's easy to get under my truck so i've always done it myself.
question to those who change their own oil.

what do you do with the old oil?

i have five 5 gallon buckets full sitting in the back of the garage... i'm thinking of ditching them at a auto parts store after hours or something haha....
the auto parts store by my house, accepts used oil. so you should check with yours.

Jug of full synthetic at Walmeezy is 20-25. M1 or Pennzoil platinum. Wix filter is 5. Most places charges $25 for bulk oil and the shittiest filter you can find. Every car is different. I have ran M1, Syntec, PP and Amsoil XL, Valvoline Synpower. Had oil analysis done on all of them and PP held up the best. Most cars dont even need any more than dino oil with a good filter and regular changes.

20 bucks and a 15 minute job. and it's easy to get under my truck so i've always done it myself.

i have five 5 gallon buckets full sitting in the back of the garage... i'm thinking of ditching them at a auto parts store after hours or something haha....
Bring it inside Advanced Auto and they dispose of it for free dumbass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I do it if my dad has an open space at his work place. So just put it on a rack and go to town. Done in 10 minutes and viola!

Free as well! Well if I use Mobile1, then he charges me 10 bucks...........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If he is too busy, I leave my car and he gets to it when he can and then pick it up. With todays economy I usually have a bay open, lol!

I have always changed my oil my self. I can get Oil and a good Mobile filter for under $30. That way I use a filter that is much higher quality then the one a shop would put on. Also if you have a Jiffy Lube near by you can take your oil there.

ive always done my own, and my mothers, my brothers, my friends, etc., i started changing oil on my dads car for him when i was 8, then i worked at a lube shop when i was a teenager, it just got easier over the years, plus ive seen lube tech's bust the grease seals on suspension and steering joints, a big no-no in my book,.... suffice to say, the only ppl i trust to change my oil and lube my chassis are myself, my father, and my son after i show him the ropes

edit: good rule of thumb- hot oil drains 60% quicker than cold oil, let your car run for 10 minutes b4 you change, that is if ya'll can tolerate the heat like i do

autozone has a barrel you can use i think.

they do out here.

I always do my own, 5-30 royal purple

We gotta pay big bucks out here in the boonies to get rid of the oil, so we just throw in on our weekly bonfires lol

i would rather do it myself. most oil change shops don't use highly qualified mechanics to change oil!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i used valvoline or castrol high mileage with a bottle of lucas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.