Do I need them?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rsrguy

CarAudio.com Recruit
I have an old 911. I'm using component speakers up front an under seat powered sub, and 2 pioneer 3" in the dash where the single speaker once resided. I'll be running the Kenwood BT amp and an audio control eq /dac (under the other seat).
I don't know if i want rear deck speakers, I've heard rear speakers were for passengers, but my passengers are little kids (which is why I'm not putting subs in the package shelf).
If I do want speakers, I'm kinda lost, do I need to keep with the component type, or should I use 6x9's? Do 6x9's utilize x-overs to improve separation, when I was younger they were just a standard deal we just threw them in and drove. Now I care about audio quality.
I'm planning on an aux cable for music input, and Bluetooth for phone and JRE.
Advice?

Attachments

• Ducktail.jpg
    Ducktail.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 150
No sure what sound improvement you would get by adding rear deck speakers. Not a lot of room in the car you have pictured. Are you happy with the current sound? If so, forget the rear speakers.

Yes there is enough room, and if I get the clover style enclosure they'll have a place to mount.

Attachments

• download-1.jpeg
    download-1.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 150
When I said there wasn't a lot of room, I was referring to your sound stage. Would adding more speakers improve your sound, or create a situation that is not pleasing to the ears. Only you can decide this.

The clover style housing looks like a good option, esthetically, if you really want rear speakers.
Good luck.

Got it. Thanks I'll leave it alone for now, on to figuring out which compact sub, any suggestions? Don't care about rap, I'm looking for accurate clean reproduction.

My experience with subs is limited to Polk Audio and Kenwood. I had 2 - 8" Polks and now I have 2 - 12" Kenwoods. Both were installed in Mustangs. The current Kenwoods are satisfactory, but I liked the Polk better. Better audio quality, in my opinion.
I'm sure others can offer more suggestions on subs. There are many quality brands out there.

I have an old 911. I'm using component speakers up front an under seat powered sub, and 2 pioneer 3" in the dash where the single speaker once resided. I'll be running the Kenwood BT amp and an audio control eq /dac (under the other seat).
I don't know if i want rear deck speakers, I've heard rear speakers were for passengers, but my passengers are little kids (which is why I'm not putting subs in the package shelf).
If I do want speakers, I'm kinda lost, do I need to keep with the component type, or should I use 6x9's? Do 6x9's utilize x-overs to improve separation, when I was younger they were just a standard deal we just threw them in and drove. Now I care about audio quality.
I'm planning on an aux cable for music input, and Bluetooth for phone and JRE.
Advice?
I say get good quality speakers with horn tweeters for the front and a good quality amp for them. Kicker has mini amps that fit in the palm of your hand for easy location.

rears just usually screw up the sound quality. you can run just some midbass speakers in the back and play from 200hz down, but i wouldnt bother. i never run rears... only comps upfront, sub in the back

ps, nice ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.