Do i need a new Alt??

Nater&Hailey

So i recently got the 4.0 HDC on my MRP M2000 at 2 ohms and my car is dimming pretty bad, my alt. is a stock 85 amp. its also a crappy NAPA battery under the hood. I know a new alt would be ideal but don't have the money right now. would i be able to just get a yellow top and run it... Big 3 even? I just want to maintain a decent idle voltage (higher than 12.9).....

i do when im stopped, but it dosnt make sense to keep it down, especially with something that has decent potential to be loud.. i never had this problem with my truck but it was a stock 120 amp.

MOAR BATTERIES, MOAR MOAR MOAR! But really, Big 3 and 3-4 80AH batteries would make zeus cry on that alternator. No sense putting in new alternator if the rest of your vehicle was wired as a power-wheels

you need a ho alt what car do you have. putting more batteries will not help because your 80 amp alt will be killed by 2-3 agm batteries easily. get a h/o alt and do the big 3 upgrade

do the big 3, get one decent agm deep cycle batt, mqke sure u got 0 gauge wire that shud keep ur voltage as a decent level, i ran a kicker zx2500 on two 15" L7s with big 3, a crappy duralast red top, a stinger spv70, and 2/0 welding cable doin burps at 2700 watts my volt stayed around 12.9

do the big 3, get one decent agm deep cycle batt, mqke sure u got 0 gauge wire that shud keep ur voltage as a decent level, i ran a kicker zx2500 on two 15" L7s with big 3, a crappy duralast red top, a stinger spv70, and 2/0 welding cable doin burps at 2700 watts my volt stayed around 12.9
burps are NOTHING like playing music full tilt for extended periods of time. If you dropped to 12.9 on a burp, try 30 seconds full tilt on music....

burps are NOTHING like playing music full tilt for extended periods of time. If you dropped to 12.9 on a burp, try 30 seconds full tilt on music....
i dont abuse my **** for extended periods of time

and a 20 second burp full tilt IS enough to notice if there is a voltage drop fyi

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.