"Mini/Compact" Amps

Backdb78

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tried using the search function and didn't really find much in regards to what I'm looking for.

I'm building a pretty specific project that isn't car related. It requires a mini amp or compact amp, whichever term works better. I've done some fairly extensive testing and have definitely come up with what I don't like and only two that I do.

The DS18 Candy Micro 2 was perfect but they've discontinued that amp and what was left of them are gone.

The soundstream double-shot is close performance wise to the DS18 but doesn't put out quite as much volume. The RCA input plug that goes into the amp is extremely flimsy and I can see this being a problem point.

So essentially I've come here to see if anyone knows of an amp that exists that would be no bigger than 3.3'"x5"x1.5". I realize this is pretty hard to do so if I've already discovered all of them it's no biggie.

There are tons of these little micro amp boards around.

I just received in the mail an amp board similar to what pop just posted. The one I got is the bigger tps3116d2, which is basically 2 of the 3116 boards combined into 1. That Dayton puts out a legitimate 50 watts rms total, or 25 watts rms x 2 though. Nice little amps for projects.

I technically need a marine amp but for sure a car audio amp not a home amp. My biggest concern with those parts express amps is the reviews on longevity and quality are pretty iffy. Is there a way to build an enclosure for those amps?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=160935353388
Total Power: 100 Watts
Max Power @ 2 Ohms: 50 Watts x 2
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 25 Watts x 2
Frequency Response: 20 to 22000 Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) @ RMS Output: 0.01%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 90 dB
Minimum Speaker Impedance: 2 Ohms
Dimensions: 1-5/8" x 4" x 3-1/8"

I know its a SoundStorm. But for the price its worth a shot

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-137717-MTX-MUD502-Open-Box-Complete.html
General Features:
  • MTX MUD50.2 Power Sports Amplifier