Do I just put my enclosure in the trunk? or attach it down?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It a good idea for sercurity reasons to bolt your sub down. It also stops your sub moving around when you go for those long mountain drives.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Cheers

just get some L brackets from a hardware store, along with some sturdy bolts or screws and have at it. (this is assuming you dont mind drilling into your trunk.) Also, try to find a good spot where the brackets would be hidden from would-be theives.

My car has a number of holes in the roof of the trunk (there's a crossbar with punched out holes in it). I bought some 1.5' lengths of the thickest, yellow/rubber coated chains I could from the local lowes and a few steel eyelets, fender washers, nuts, and a set of 4 fairly cheap keyed locks (I think they were $8 total for the locks). Drilled holes in the side of the box to accomodate the eyelets, sandwiched the wall between the washers and the nuts on each side, threaded each chain through the holes and didn't leave much slack. I had one stereo stolen, I figure that the theif would have to have some serious lock cutters or a bunch of tools to get the box out quickly.. it's also chained at the very back of the trunk, so it's difficult to get at.... more than a 2 minute grab. I did the chain thing so that I could get at the spare tire without much difficulty if I ever needed to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.