Do i have sufficient electrical?

Firebird 1991
10+ year member

Stroked
i have a 2004 explorer with a mechman 270 h.o. alt, BIG 3 with OFC 0gauge, optima red top in front and a Deka 9a31 in the rear. One run of OFC 0 gauge.

I have a saz3000d that i plan to run at a 0.5 ohm to (2) 12" xcons.

PS: i have a Precision Power PPI 900.4 for my mids and highs. Do i have good enough electrical to run at a half ohm? Any input would be great! Thanks

you should be right about good i run similar setup with similar eletrical capacity and i run my aq3500.1 at .5 and votlage is good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

.5 ohm is pushing it.

I am guessing that amp will pull 400 amps at full tilt at .5

I think it will be alright -- mount a volt meter up front to keep an eye on things

Id run it and see, yet, its one hell of a set up to begin with..you may need another batt/replace that red top even.Trial and error, but you have an excellent start with that set up

this isnt my first system, and i do have a volt meter connected directly to the leads pos and neg on the amp. and audiobaun i am thinking of upgrading the redtop, any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

redtops rated at 50ah, so something with more AH then that. I can go a little bigger physically sense my battery tray is decent size

this isnt my first system, and i do have a volt meter connected directly to the leads pos and neg on the amp. and audiobaun i am thinking of upgrading the redtop, any suggestions? 

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

redtops rated at 50ah, so something with more AH then that. I can go a little bigger physically sense my battery tray is decent size
biggest xs power batt you can fit 3yr warranty

measure your tray then go on the interwebs and check xs power batt specs

i will definetly check into the xs powers, thanks fellas. Once i do the xs batt should i be good to go?
depends how big of a batt you go . hopefully you can fit a 3100 up there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i will definetly check into the xs powers, thanks fellas. Once i do the xs batt should i be good to go?
Get the largest you can afford, that will fit in your tray,or space you have..I had issues with redtops last yr(4 of them to be exact)Ruined the regulator on my alt too,had to replace alt, and batts at same time all said and done,due to bad BN batts(red tops)??Expensive lesson ill tell ya.I use the Orileys SuperStart agm batts $169 ea with 3yr free replacement,and 4yr pro rated afterwards(2) with big 5 done,and 255 amp alt,no issues shelling out approx 2k true rms,low notes hit around 14.2,steady @14.6 no issues for going on 8months.But check/shop around on batts,you may come across a good deal being Blk Friday?My agm batts are rated at/ 955CA/775CCA/120 RC,not too shabby for $169 ea,and nice warranty/replacements:naughty:

i have a 2004 explorer with a mechman 270 h.o. alt, BIG 3 with OFC 0gauge, optima red top in front and a Deka 9a31 in the rear. One run of OFC 0 gauge. I have a saz3000d that i plan to run at a 0.5 ohm to (2) 12" xcons.

PS: i have a Precision Power PPI 900.4 for my mids and highs. Do i have good enough electrical to run at a half ohm? Any input would be great! Thanks
sounds like you are set

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.