Do car speakers have a break-in period?

It just seems the first day I bought my speakers and installed them I really didn't like the sound... but then like 2 days after the sound started to get alot fuller? I didn't touch the EQ? And the bass got more bumpy also.

Audio messes with suspension?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

yea the speakers ive dealt with all had some sort of "break in " period.......most noticable were the type r's .....they are super stiff right out of the box and become alot more loose after a few weeks....

It just seems the first day I bought my speakers and installed them I really didn't like the sound... but then like 2 days after the sound started to get alot fuller? I didn't touch the EQ? And the bass got more bumpy also.

Could simply be psychoacoustics.

Maybe the sound didn't change, you simply got used to the sound so you think they "sound" different. But your mind simply adjusted to the sound.

Explaination through story;

I was getting my hair cut the other day and the girls were talking about this older lady that frequents the salon. Something happened to her car (don't remember what, not really important)...but it caused a horrendous smell to overtake the interior of the car. The lady took the car to over ten different detail shops, but not one could seem to remove the smell from the upholstery no matter what they tried. A few weeks later the lady came into the salon, and one of the hairdressers asked the lady if she was ever able to get the smell out of her car. The lady replied "Oh yes, it finally went away. Thank God." While she was getting her hair cut, she realized she had forgotten her checkbook in the car. So one of the hairdressers went to retreive it from the car for her.....and was about knocked dead from the stentch of the interior when she opened the door. The smell hadn't gone anywhere....the lady who owned the car simply got used to the smell so she didn't notice it anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.