Do amps make sub sound different

i have to alpine type r 12 inches in a sealed box and i have 2 amps i have a bxi 2006 and a cadence zrs9 they both do 2000 watts at 1 ohm i was just wondering what kid of different sound could you get from different amps if there is any?

Im pretty sure they will both output the same sound, just different quality (less distortion). If you want a different sound, try inverting the polarity (put neg to pos and visa versa) on the speakers.

A lot of the differences you may hear will be in the quality of the amps and their ACTUAL power output. Just because two amps are rated at 500 watts RMS, it doesn't necessarily mean they put out exactly 500 watts. They could put out more or less. Also the different settings on the amps will make them sound different.

Some amps have subsonic filters that cannot be defeated or no subsonic filter. Some amps have eq sections that are always on, or not at all, or not controllable, or operate inconsistant with the labeled settings. If the actual watts are the same, then these are the difference in sound. Usually .1 to .ox distortion is inaudible.

Yes, different amps electronics can change the sound due to the quality of components.

They may have the same power and same distortion levels but due to the frequency response of the different internal components you may get a different sound.

Generally quality manufacturers try for flat response but it's difficult to achieve.

What is the difference is sound
short answer?

unless you are a self proclaimed god, all other things considered to be exactly equal - meaning RMS power, distortion, frequency response, imput impedance, ect ect ect ect

then no. some people claim they can hear differences from one amp to another, but id wager a bet that if we did a blind test with 5 different amps of very similar power with measurements taken to keep power as close as possible, they would not be able to tell me what amp is what.

I think he wanted to know if an amplifier has a sonic fingerprint (like a receiver). And req just answered that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.