Distoraton at low volume levels using pioneer speakers and JVC Head unit

That's alot of settings maxed which is bad... but since it's just door speakers, I'm betting it's those cheap rca cables your using on the 4ch amp
not likely. its probably the LOC itself.

Are Those coming from the head unit cause this guy charges a fortune in labor lol
OP, get a better deck and get rid of that LOC. You already have the speaker wire ran obviously, so all youll need to do is get a set of 4 channel RCAs ran from the deck to the amp. he charged you an arm and a leg because he had to run speaker wires from the source to the LOC, then from the amp to the soruce and couple them back into the factory wiring unless he rewired into the doors too (extra cost). Anyways, get a deck with 3 sets of pre-outs, run the 4 channel rca's and call it a day

not likely. its probably the LOC itself.

OP, get a better deck and get rid of that LOC. You already have the speaker wire ran obviously, so all youll need to do is get a set of 4 channel RCAs ran from the deck to the amp. he charged you an arm and a leg because he had to run speaker wires from the source to the LOC, then from the amp to the soruce and couple them back into the factory wiring unless he rewired into the doors too (extra cost). Anyways, get a deck with 3 sets of pre-outs, run the 4 channel rca's and call it a day
is there anyway I can avoid using the line out converter without changing the deck? Even with my Pioneer DEH150MP that had one rca out I wasn't using an LOC. It was added when I had the JVC Installed that has 2 line outs via rca. Cost is a big thing. I work at mcdonalds lol. If I can get the rcas out of the converter and go directly to the amp I will be happy. Is it possible to do myself without completely destroying my car? I don't want to dig around for wires or take anything apart. I cant see where the wires from the LOC are going.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there anyway I can avoid using the line out converter without changing the deck? Even with my Pioneer DEH150MP that had one rca out I wasn't using an LOC. It was added when I had the JVC Installed that has 2 line outs via rca. Cost is a big thing. I work at mcdonalds lol. If I can get the rcas out of the converter and go directly to the amp I will be happy. Is it possible to do myself without completely destroying my car? I don't want to dig around for wires or take anything apart. I cant see where the wires from the LOC are going.
i know your pain bro, when i first got into car audio, i was a cook at a smokehouse in Tulsa, OK. Budget was tight and problems occurred. Youre lucky that you have forums like these to help ya out, and thats what we are here for. And as far as your deck/LOC issue, not really. I mean, you could get a DSP and get all the RCAs you need that way, but those are over $200 for the lowest DSP available and would be a stupid way to get it done. Sooooo, forget the dsp option, forget i mentioned it LoL

so, at this point you have 2 decks? the pioneer deh150 and some other jvc, right? you got any buddies who would buy them off ya?

i know your pain bro, when i first got into car audio, i was a cook at a smokehouse in Tulsa, OK. Budget was tight and problems occurred. Youre lucky that you have forums like these to help ya out, and thats what we are here for. And as far as your deck/LOC issue, not really. I mean, you could get a DSP and get all the RCAs you need that way, but those are over $200 for the lowest DSP available and would be a stupid way to get it done. Sooooo, forget the dsp option, forget i mentioned it LoL

so, at this point you have 2 decks? the pioneer deh150 and some other jvc, right? you got any buddies who would buy them off ya?
The JVC is in the car the pioneer is at home. I don't think any of them really want it lol. I DO have the money but still trying to keep a budget. I unplugged the speaker wires from the LOC and only got lows. If its not possible to remove myself I can have the shop do it. The cars going in tomorrow at 10. Basically What I'm trying to do is find out the issues so I can have them fixed. I agree that it probabaly is the LOC causing distortion. I don't understand why he installed it because my old deck had 1 rca and he still didn't install it. Maybe he installed it because of the engine noise I complained about. The noise stopped after he put that in.

The JVC is in the car the pioneer is at home. I don't think any of them really want it lol. I DO have the money but still trying to keep a budget. I unplugged the speaker wires from the LOC and only got lows. If its not possible to remove myself I can have the shop do it. The cars going in tomorrow at 10. Basically What I'm trying to do is find out the issues so I can have them fixed. I agree that it probabaly is the LOC causing distortion. I don't understand why he installed it because my old deck had 1 rca and he still didn't install it. Maybe he installed it because of the engine noise I complained about. The noise stopped after he put that in.
engine noise is usually caused by poor RCAs being too close to a ground wire causing ground loops noise in the signal. get a deck with 3 sets of RCS outs (preferably 4 volt outs) and some 4 channel shielded RCAs and you can install them yourself. What kind of car is it again? Also, run the RCAs on the opposite side of the car from the power wire, itll eliminate noise in the signal

engine noise is usually caused by poor RCAs being too close to a ground wire causing ground loops noise in the signal. get a deck with 3 sets of RCS outs (preferably 4 volt outs) and some 4 channel shielded RCAs and you can install them yourself. What kind of car is it again? Also, run the RCAs on the opposite side of the car from the power wire, itll eliminate noise in the signal
Car is a 2001 Honda CRV. OK next is my question on how to remove the old head unit. Ill walk outside and take a look at it now

Car is a 2001 Honda CRV. OK next is my question on how to remove the old head unit. Ill walk outside and take a look at it now
Only the rear is hooked up. It looks like this guy really screwed up 

5FC4B685-2315-4B63-9112-93C3EA34ADB2.jpeg

Only the rear is hooked up. It looks like this guy really screwed up 

View attachment 1392
yeah, he tapped into the speaker (hi level) leads and used the LOC to go to the amp and then used the rear/sub output for the RCA (low level) to the sub. The issue youre going to run into is the lack of 6 total RCAs (front pair, rear pair and sub pair) on that deck. If you run a single set of stereo RCSa from the deck to the amp, you can get that amp to work, but you wont have fade control beyond the gain on the amp, which isnt ideal, but itll work, and be far better than that LOC

or, you could change the rear RCA to full, and split it to go to the sub and the rear channel and use the LPF on the sub to take care of the frequency issues, but itll cut the signal drastically and youll need to adjust the gains accordingly. Again, not ideal, but itll work to save you the money on the deck. I cant stress enough that you really need a deck with 6 rca outs and a decent set of 4 channel rcas to solve your problem

yeah, he tapped into the speaker (hi level) leads and used the LOC to go to the amp and then used the rear/sub output for the RCA (low level) to the sub. The issue youre going to run into is the lack of 6 total RCAs (front pair, rear pair and sub pair) on that deck. If you run a single set of stereo RCSa from the deck to the amp, you can get that amp to work, but you wont have fade control beyond the gain on the amp, which isnt ideal, but itll work, and be far better than that LOC
Ok it looks like the inputs from rear are going into the sub. Can I rewire it to front, take them out of the sub and put them to lf and rf on the amp? What would I have to disconnect to do that? I'll probabaly have a new deck installed tomorrow.

Ok it looks like the inputs from rear are going into the sub. Can I rewire it to front, take them out of the sub and put them to lf and rf on the amp? What would I have to disconnect to do that? I'll probabaly have a new deck installed tomorrow.
if youre getting a new deck tomorrow, just leave it be for now. Make sure the deck you get has 6 rca outs tho and get a set of 4 channel rcas. running cables from the front to rear can actually be kinda fun as long as you dont break any clips, even if you do its a pretty educational process. also, if you do break any clips, dont go to honda to get replacements, go to a place like sturdevants (not sure if you have that shop where youre at, but they are a chain around here that has stuff like that on the cheap)

The deck will be installed tomorrow. And it will be all rca and the loc will no longer be needed. Any recommendations on a 12 inch sub for a budget? 

Stereo is re wired with high grade rcas and a new JVC KDR-995BT with the new Pioneers. I can crank it up way more than I need to now lol. Thanks for the advice everyone! Also the LOC is removed and no engine noise!

Stereo is re wired with high grade rcas and a new JVC KDR-995BT with the new Pioneers. I can crank it up way more than I need to now lol. Thanks for the advice everyone! Also the LOC is removed and no engine noise!
nice! 3 pairs of pre-outs at 5, COUNT EM 5 VOLTS!!!, 13 band eq, time alignment, etc etc. those old pioneers might have got smoked from something with the way the old setup was rigged, but im glad to hear that you got it where you want it :)  cheers sir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.