Disappointing bass output

thecrab

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed a sundown e10v4 D2 with an audio pipe 800 watt AP-1800 amp. every thing else in the car is factory. I didn't expect to shatter my windows with a single 10" but it just seems to really be lacking in performance. I've had single 10s that greatly out performed this setup by a mile. I really cant even get noticeable bass unless Bass Boost on my amp is all the way up and obviously that's not ideal. Am I underpowering this sub? or is there something I may have missed during installation? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I just installed a sundown e10v4 D2 with an audio pipe 800 watt AP-1800 amp. every thing else in the car is factory. I didn't expect to shatter my windows with a single 10" but it just seems to really be lacking in performance. I've had single 10s that greatly out performed this setup by a mile. I really cant even get noticeable bass unless Bass Boost on my amp is all the way up and obviously that's not ideal. Am I underpowering this sub? or is there something I may have missed during installation? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
What vehicle and is box sealed or ported? Wires not crossed are they?

Your factory head unit may be the culprit.

I did a box this summer for 2 of these 10's on a punch 1000 and it did well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_171039.jpg
    IMG_20210919_171039.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210920_152005.jpg
    IMG_20210920_152005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Your factory head unit may be the culprit.

I did a box this summer for 2 of these 10's on a punch 1000 and it did well.
i may look into getting a new head unit. the car has a factory "premium" sound system that is anything but lol. i'd like to do away with the factory amp, head unit and speakers and just revamp everything.

You may not be able to get a new HU for your car.
A lot of new cars don't allow the stock HU to be removed as other things run through it as well

What are you using to convert your signal?
If its just a cheap LOC then chances are thats your problem
Not enough volltage
If I may suggest
I just swapped out my RF 360.3 for the Audiocontrol LC6i and I wish I would have done it from the start
An LC2i is all you would need and there realtivly cheap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...