Participant count
  • Participant list

MilitiaRobbo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Everyone, Robbo here, from Australia.

I have been facing a hiss sound with my Nissan Patrol for months. I have taken it to multiple car audio installers and their complete failures owe me nearly $1,500AUD in labour fee’s.

To test the theory of it being a faulty head-unit, I took it out of the dash and dummied it straight to the positive and negatives of the under bonnet battery, I also dummied the park/remote wires and dummied a speaker (eliminating ignition, rca’s, amps etc), LO AND BEHOLD there was NO hissing sound, but SOON as I put the negative terminal back onto the battery the hiss comes back.
(Which would mean something is shorting on the ground of the vehicle?)
I cannot find the short (I presume it’s the vehicle immobilisation system given that it’s the only thing on while there’s no keys in the ignition) so my question is this; Can I instead just put an inline diode on the head units ground wire so that the current interference from the ground cannot pass into the head unit anymore?
Thanks everyone!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...