Dimming lights

groove269
10+ year member

guys....my lights dim to the point where i just turn them off sometimes because it gets annoying. Ive had a cap sitting in my garage for the past 6 yrs (never been used) should i install that baby? i was also thinking of yellow top battery. What do you guys think?

Adding the 2nd battery will help,what size wire are you running?Oh yeah you can leave the cap where it's at.
i have a dodge charger so my battery is in the back, not sure if theres room for a 2nd battery. Im running 0/1 gauge on sub amp and 4 gauge on HP amp.

Try the Big 3, it wouldn't hurt at all. Usually solves a lot of peoples problem with dimming. But if it's still dimming, go with a second battery.

Lol. Your amp is probably suffering bad from low voltage if the lights are dimming that bad. Def do the big 3. I wasnt aware chargers had their batts in the trunk though?
yup...huge engine so they placed the battery in the back. Its a pretty small one too (the battery that is). Would the big 3 eliminate the dimming?

it'll drastically make a good difference. That's your first step. if that doesn't do it, "try" the cap, after all....its free, see if it helps if not, take it back out and save for another battery:)

yup...huge engine so they placed the battery in the back. Its a pretty small one too (the battery that is). Would the big 3 eliminate the dimming?
There's a very good chance that doing the big 3 will take came of the dimming.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.